What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

NovaSaber

Citizen
10xUc28.png

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Meanwhile Admiral Hopper is turning in her grave. Women have been linked to advances in computer science since before the term was even coined.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Also if Republicans cared about mental health, there wouldn't be any more Republicans.

(Because you'd have to be sick in the head to be one, is what I'm saying.)

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Why in the good goddamn does the media insist on softening shit like this? She's not "deceptively telling" them; she's lying! "Majorie Taylor Greene Lies at Trump Rally about Democrats Killing Republicans". That's your headline!

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Every time I see a news outlet doing something like that, I'm reminded of back in the '90s when they wholesale adopted the term "ethnic cleansing" in place of "genocide".

It's possible the entire establishment has always been openly fascist and we were just too dumb to notice.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Even if she took his challenge and clocked in for a standard days work... she still can't do anything. Republicans don't have plans or policy, which appeals nicely to the current crop of illiterates they have a party members.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Every time I see a news outlet doing something like that, I'm reminded of back in the '90s when they wholesale adopted the term "ethnic cleansing" in place of "genocide".

It's possible the entire establishment has always been openly fascist and we were just too dumb to notice.

"If it bleeds, it leads." was the mantra when I was learning/working in the industry.
It's not so much open fascism and more an obsession with getting to first place and staying there.

Investigative Journalism is vanishingly rare, especially when there's not a big payout for either the journalist or their workplace at the end of it.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
The deregulation of the communications industry in the 80's and 90's and the advent of 24/7 news networks lead us to the current state. The fairness doctrine being thrown out the window and large corporate entities being allowed to own not only national broadcast syndicates, but also multiple local broadcasters/newspapers in a single geographic region simply destroyed journalism. Seems all that we have left are propaganda outlets and ratings chasers.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Words have not yet been invented to express how much I despise the news media. There is not a single issue they don't actively make worse.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
"If it bleeds, it leads." was the mantra when I was learning/working in the industry.
It's not so much open fascism and more an obsession with getting to first place and staying there.

Investigative Journalism is vanishingly rare, especially when there's not a big payout for either the journalist or their workplace at the end of it.
Bingo. It's not fascism, and it's definitely not journalism. It's capitalism.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Seems like we can solve this problem with a law requiring news organizations to operate as mandatory not for profit.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
We could solve a lot of problems by making the same demand of everyone.

Also I'm not sure how capitalism could have been to blame for parroting the rhetoric of a genocidal regime halfway around the world in a country so inconsequential I don't even remember which one it was anymore.

Top Bottom