What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I wonder if part of their problem is the reluctance of companies to donate to them following their support of Donald Trump and the Jan 6 insurrection.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The major corporate donors will happily ignore a HELL of a lot of... human rights, to ensure that their "investments" are in place. I think it's more a case of the small money donors being completely tapped out by trump. Which makes sense since the RNC has been bitching for months about trumps 220 million warchest that he literally has not touched.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The major corporate donors will happily ignore a HELL of a lot of... human rights, to ensure that their "investments" are in place. I think it's more a case of the small money donors being completely tapped out by trump. Which makes sense since the RNC has been bitching for months about trumps 220 million warchest that he literally has not touched.
With the GLORIOUS irony that, if the FBI and DOJ don’t screw it up, the consequences of his document hoarding will be the inability to be eligible to be voted into a major public office.

Hell, it’s probably why so many in the GOP have been so nice in talking about him, they’re probably hoping to get a piece of that war chest if he can’t spend it on himself.

(Trump will still spend it on himself)

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
IF trump never declares, he's completely within his rights to actually keep all that coin and NOT spend it on election stuff. The donation election laws are amazingly lax, and only really kick in anyway once the person openly declares.

It's amazingly ******* broken, and I'm honestly surprised trump is the first one to really, openly abuse it.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

Make no mistake, this kind of rhetoric is an attempt to stir up violence. The GOP is literally trying to incite another Rwanda.

This is the Rwandan playbook: falsely tell your followers that the targeted group is committing atrocities, so that your followers will feel morally authorized to commit their own atrocities in return. And unfortunately, it works like a charm. The wave of Republican interference with elections was precipitated by a Republican misinformation campaign designed to convince their followers that Democrats were interfering with elections. But this time, they're talking about an army of federal agents murdering people, and if it works just as well, we're going to get violence.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

I saw a comedian use smoking on airplanes as an example of "freedom", and it's really not a good example of freedom, but it IS a good example of America's peculiar notion of freedom.

If a man smokes on an airplane, he may be enjoying his freedom, but he just took away the freedom of every other person on that airplane to breathe clean air. For his freedom of choice, they must all lose theirs. This is, unfortunately, EXACTLY the type of "freedom" that American conservatives are trying to shove down our throats, every day.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
By that logic, rapists who don't make their victims pregnant are even bigger monsters than the ones who don't.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Well, there WAS that one West Virginia lawmaker who tried to get child support banned altogether....(granted, some OTHER republican lawmakers actually have proposed paying pregnant women child support)

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
"Aw, man, money that I was in charge of disappeared again? Why does this keep happening to me?!"

Top Bottom