What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
....WHY did I have to get proven wrong AGAIN.... I should have known after one of the Trumpists went after the FBI using a nail gun that more would follow.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Hardly shocking.
Trump's been building animosity to the nation's security apparatus since he became President.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I imagine that making enemies of the kinds of people who'd send goons after you and your loved ones is just considered a standard workplace hazard for FBI agents. These are the kind of people who deal with drug cartels and organized crime bosses. They'll be fine.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
That's... going to be an interesting thing for a forensics guy to analyze. I wonder why he did it.

Nevermore

Citizen
And the hits keep coming.

This calls for one of my favorite German memes ever: Alfons Hatler's "villains" diss speech from this movie.

Hatler villain speech.jpg

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I'm not going to presume motive when we don't even have the person's name. But if I had to armchair spitball, I suspect the idea was again - suicide by Fed to become a martyr to the cause and make the American sheeple wake up to the oppression of the deep state.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Entirely too many, but not nearly enough. Please: let the psychos go after highly trained police, and let's just enjoy the fireworks.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen

Teufel

Citizen
The National Republican Senatorial Committee is cutting ad spending by $13.5 million in Nevada, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Wisconsin

As midterm election campaigns heat up in the Senate’s top battlegrounds, the National Republican Senatorial Committee is canceling millions of dollars of ad spending, sending GOP campaigns and operatives into a panic and upending the committee’s initial spending plan.

The cuts — totaling roughly $13.5 million since Aug. 1 — come as the Republicans’ Senate campaign committee is being forced to “stretch every dollar we can,” said a person familiar with the NRSC’s deliberations. Republican nominees in critical states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and North Carolina — places the GOP must defend this fall — have failed to raise enough money to get on air themselves, requiring the NRSC to make cuts elsewhere to accommodate.

Since Aug. 1, the NRSC has cut ad buys in the battleground states of Pennsylvania ($7.5 million), Arizona ($3.5 million), Wisconsin ($2.5 million) and Nevada ($1.5 million), according to the ad tracking service AdImpact. Separately, a Democratic source tracking advertising buys estimated roughly $10.5 million in cuts by the NRSC since the first of the month.

“People are asking, ‘What the hell is going on?’” said one Republican strategist working on Senate races. “Why are we cutting in August? I’ve never seen it like this before.”

While the scale of these cuts is unprecedented, the NRSC is also ahead of its typical schedule on its ad spending, having already spent $36.5 million on television spots this cycle, as opposed to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee’s $1.9 million to date. Sen. Rick Scott, who chairs the NRSC, announced earlier this year the campaign committee would be spending sooner than in years past. It was a necessary change, Scott said, to prevent Democrats from having the airwaves to themselves all summer.

But the numbers show that the NRSC has cut significantly more than it has booked back, indicating a potential cash strain at the committee. Second-quarter filings showed the DSCC had nearly twice the cash on hand as its Republican counterpart, $53.5 million to the NRSC’s $28.5 million.

Another Republican strategist referred to the recent cuts as “unreal,” noting that the NRSC had not eliminated any ad time in New Hampshire, where there won’t be a GOP nominee until mid-September — and where there’s no clear frontrunner in the meantime.

The NRSC earlier this month also spent a combined $1 million on ads in Washington and Colorado, two blue states that are considered unlikely but potential pickup opportunities for Republicans.

While the GOP committee is making a perplexing number of mid-August cuts, the organization could still book back that time over the next 2½ months. And between what the NRSC has already spent on television this cycle and what it has reserved for the rest of fall, the Republican committee has still purchased significantly more than the DSCC, though Democrats will likely reserve more air time in the coming weeks.

I mean to be fair as soon as Oz won they should've pulled out of PA. It's going to take an act of God type event so that even an awful candidate like him can ride a wave into office.

Top Bottom