What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Paladin

Citizen
Okay, so... I just watched a clip about Beto O'rorke (I think that's how he spells it.) shutting down a republican. And god damn, if there was a politician like that up here, they'd have my vote.

And then it hit me: the republican was laughing about KIDS getting MURDERED in school.

Let's say there's a massive blue wave in the midterms. A progressive landslide... these republicans will have nothing left to lose. They already have to cheat to win, and it still reflective of some tight margins, on top of being programmed to believe that a loss for them means a broken system. This election seems like it's quickly turning into a referendum on the republican party: but that's still the party that has spent the last FORTY YEARS dehumanizing everyone who isn't one of them, and fostering anger. What happens when they lose en masse?

They won't. Because apparently it's a bigger problem that Beto used NAUGHTY LANGUAGE to call out the guy heckling the deaths of children.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Cal Jillson needs to pull his head out of his ass. A democrat daring to show he has balls by cursing in public? Compared to what's pass for Texas policy these days, there are FAR more significant issue that old man should be worried about.
"It's harmful to our politics because it becomes more difficult to conduct politics and find that middle ground on issues."
Bullshit, embracing the contrarian culture of Republicans basically did that over a decade ago.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
but that's still the party that has spent the last FORTY YEARS dehumanizing everyone who isn't one of them, and fostering anger. What happens when they lose en masse?

Contrary to what they would have you believe, not everyone on the left is a tree hugging pacifist. Hell, the NRA is not by a country mile the sole organization related to gun ownership in this land.

To put it in movie terms (As I have movies on the brain), the Right is Steve Segeal, and the Left is Keanu Reeves.

One is exceptionally dangerous if provoked and has undergone years of self defense training. The other is a cultural ambassador for Russia.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Contrary to what they would have you believe, not everyone on the left is a tree hugging pacifist. Hell, the NRA is not by a country mile the sole organization related to gun ownership in this land.

To put it in movie terms (As I have movies on the brain), the Right is Steve Segeal, and the Left is Keanu Reeves.

One is exceptionally dangerous if provoked and has undergone years of self defense training. The other is a cultural ambassador for Russia.
Yeah, but the point of the question isn't what YOU'LL do, what the LEFT will do. I understand that most of us here are capable of either defending ourselves, or understanding when it's time to de-ass an area.

What will the people: who are convinced they are the victims, they are the oppressed, who are brainwashed, ignorant, angry, massively unstable, ALREADY LASHING OUT ON THE DAILY, do culturally if there's a massive blue wave and they lose everything? How far do they take it? We already know that there isn't anyone they'll listen to that can tell them to stand down, the second someone tries: they become RINO's and get ignored.

There's a lot of them, and aside from some outliers: very little actual organization or coordination. How much damage can hundreds of thousands of cultists do if they decide "yeah, scorched earth sounds good right about now"?

MrBlud

Citizen
No more than the regular run of the mill mass shooter I’d imagine.

Anybody/thing that tries to organize them is going to pretty rapidly be extinguished. Plus the run of the mill person is pretty sick of their bullshit victim complex. You’re going to see a lot more Waco and a lot less Bundy type stand-offs.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Indeed. I know a few die hards still clinging to the delusion that we need to de-escalate things to prevent all out war, but while I applaud the optimism, the reality on the ground is simply if the radicals decide to push, there's nothing to be done but be ready to push back.

It's distasteful to even contemplate, but to not contemplate it is to quit the battlefield before the fight even starts.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I'm all for continued peaceful tactics. Negotiation and de-escalation should ALWAYS be on the table(and be the preferred option), but sometimes violence is inevitable and we have to prepare for that. There HAS to be a line that we won't allow them to cross, if for nothing else, to maintain human dignity.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Make no mistake, I'd love a peaceful solution too. But that only works if both sides can be trusted to negotiate in good faith. We have absolutely no reasonable evidence to believe that's the case and every reason to believe it isn't.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
We have True Believers ready to Suicide By Fed simply because a legal search warrant was executed. Blood is going to flow regardless at this point. The Right and its media machine continue to foolishly light matches in a room filled with gunpowder.

And they will be the first to react with alarm and disgust when one of those matches inevitably creates an explosion.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Frankly, if a bunch of trumpists want to pick a fight with soldiers trained to be cops: why are we worried about stopping them? Let them **** around and find out.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They **** around, they'll find out. I'm more worried about what happens when some spiteful Trumper decides to start naming the agents or their families or children to the cult.

Top Bottom