What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I mean, anyone paying attention for the past several decades already knew that American "Christianity" was basically terrorism, but....

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
The real question is how much of it is out of fear? Easier to hide when you're with the "right" party.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Probably a lot. I tend to let people assume I'm a Christian Republican when I'm actually a left-leaning agnostic. Frigin' coping skill I learned while in school back in the late 80's to mid 90's

Bainreese

Citizen
The Republican Party is not only lost. They are the greatest threat to this Republic in our lifetime.

Next month Liz Cheney will likely lose decisively. The few sane voices left are being ousted. I voted for the first time in over 20 years in the last election because I didn’t want a Trump repeat. But despite all that’s been shared in the Hearings it doesn’t mean anything when people just want authoritarianism.

The election was stolen.
Ukraine is a hoax.
Ivanka Trump’s testimony was a body double.

It’s insane. But people believe this @&$(.

Paladin

Citizen
Liz Cheney only had her career because her father convinced America to invade a sovereign nation because they might have weapons of mass destruction as a cover to reap the profits on their oil reserves.

Republicans have ALWAYS been monsters.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Authoritarianism is the natural endpoint for the "I'm not really political." crowd.

This train's been rolling since 2002. Before, actually, but it didn't get any significant headway until after the Patriot Act went into effect and our rights and liberties were subverted willingly for the blanket of a nebulous "security".

People don't want to deal with issues, they just want to feel safe. Even now-a-days in the year of our Lord 2022, people still wax nostalgic for Andy Griffith's Mayberry and Leave It To Beaver...ignoring completely that such an era was entirely fictitious and manufactured.

They don't want complex solutions to even more complex problems. They want to be pat on the head, told everything will be alright, and the "adult" - singular - will handle things.

Paladin

Citizen
They don't even ******* bother with "Thoughts & Prayers" anymore.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Only an hour and a half after the mass shooting before everyone is asked to move on with their lives and stop going on about it. Amazing.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
In a few months, we'll be pining for when they had the decency to wait a whole ninety minutes after a mass shooting before telling everyone to move on.

Top Bottom