What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Fixing the gerrymandering across the country would result in a lot less Republicans in office.

So of course they'll fight it tooth and nail.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Demote it to a territory?
Not even that. Just effing kick them to the curb. They think they can take care of themselves.. leave them to it. They can't use US currency, they no longer get any fed support, all military bases are closed, all business that bring things from Texas needs to pay import taxes... Just cut them off all together.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
So the Texas GOP website got hacked by Anonymous. They've already reverted it, but one can find it on the Wayback Machine. I am in no way going to link it (warning, there's a goatsie involved).

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
63b.png

Nevermore

Citizen
You know that "'I never thought the leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party" meme?

At this point, it's more like "I'd gladly offer my face to the leopards as long as it helps keep the Prevent Leopards From Eating People's Faces Party away from politital power!"

Paladin

Citizen

That same day...

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

According to court documents obtained by the El Paso Times, Alvarez said he was “executing and exterminating the pro-choice Jewish Satan worshippers” when he descended on the Kaufmanns’ home, ambushing Georgette Kaufmann before trying to enter the home and shoot her husband.

Jewish people have their own Satan?

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
This feels like they just slapped a bunch of words together to make it sound more intimidating. Illegal Jewish Satanic Communist Fascist Islamic Atheist Terrorist Deep State Global Cabal, or Liberal for short.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen

Oh, Texas' anti-abortion law was crafted in such a masterfully evil way it's beauty almost brings a tear to my eye. They made the law so it can't be enforced by the state, only civil bounty hunters, and thus the state can't be sued for enforcing an unconstitutional law. And since the law doesn't target pregnant women, pregnant women can't sue, and third parties can't sue on their behalf. The Supreme Court realizes this is an unconstitutional law, but claims there is no way to tell if the law would be enforced and thus refused to stop it from going into effect. The only way the Supreme Court can rule that it is unconstitutional is if someone sues one of the bounty hunters and it bring it before them, which could take years to get through the courts. This is the first time anyone has ever tried something like this, Republicans have found a loophole that allows states to ignore the constitution when it is inconvenient for them and enforce it when it meets their interests. So you can't use it to ban guns because the courts will immediately rule it as unconstitutional. This only works as long as Republicans control the courts.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Oh, this is going to start a trend, isn't it. Get ready for every red state to turn into a vigilante police-state where armies of brownshirts enforce "laws" against anything and everything the Republicans don't like.

Cradok

Citizen
It reminds me of a Trek message board from back in the distant past of the early 2000s. It did its best to be fair, transparent, democratic, all that. The rules were clearly spelled out, all warnings and bans were public, and there was a public forum to appeal such.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. There was one user in particular whose sole purpose in life was to get his post count on this board as high as possible. So he'd double and triple post, reply to himself, bump old threads, start new threads. And every time, enough people would complain that a new rule had to be instituted. 'No double posting within a certain time period.' 'You can only create a certain number of new threads per forum per day.' And so on.

The board was never willing to institute a basic rule, a rule 0 to say 'don't be a dick'.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
While it's perfectly alright to try to institute a rule like "don't be a dick"; ultimately unless the guidelines are clearly explained it ends up trotting on the grounds of tiranny because absolutely everyone has their own definition of "dick", and you deliberately introduce bias into enforcement.

Top Bottom