What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Considering the fact that there are ads for medication where 80% of the runtime is the legally-mandated list of known side effects, no, I don't think requiring honesty would stop political ads.
But it would make them less annoying, and more helpful for the small fraction of voters who actually use them to inform their vote.
It would functionally stop republicans ads as they are now because they are currently nothing but lies.

PLUS it would make republicans actively attack ad firms for trying to abide by the law: so, you know, win/win.

Paladin

Citizen

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

how very PRO LIFE...
"The video then closes with, 'Thou Shalt Not Steal, Vote Conservative, Vote No on All Proposals, Vote No on All Millages, November 8th.'"

Am I the only one hoping that Michigan Republicans misread this as "don't steal, don't vote conservative, don't vote no on all proposals and millages"?

Cybersnark

Citizen
"The video then closes with, 'Thou Shalt Not Steal, Vote Conservative, Vote No on All Proposals, Vote No on All Millages, November 8th.'"

Am I the only one hoping that Michigan Republicans misread this as "don't steal, don't vote conservative, don't vote no on all proposals and millages"?
This is why you hire proofreaders.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
Conservatives assume that liberals don't really believe in any of the moral causes they profess loyalty to, and that every one of their beliefs is actually some kind of smokescreen for personal prejudice or greed.

Three guesses as to why they make this assumption.

I am really tired of conservatives pretending to be shocked when one of their number is caught saying something outrageously racist.

When you loudly and proudly define yourself by your hatred of feminism and anti-racism, it's pretty ******* obvious that you're inviting misogynists and racists. Don't pretend to be shocked every time you find one hanging around your place. You're just shocked that he was stupid enough to say it openly, instead of cloaking it in the usual cryptic dog-whistle messages.

Every conservative is anti-government and anti-lawsuit until a big company screws them over, they don't have enough social media clout to get their attention, and they realize that lawsuits and government agencies are their only recourse.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
No one would stand for it if we killed them ourselves, what can we do to make them suicide instead?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If they don't remind the base of what they're after every so often, the sheep might go back to sleep and forget to vote.

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
Republicans keep saying you can't touch the second amendment because it's in the constitution and the constitution is sacred.

But Republicans have also proposed constitutional amendments to ban flag-burning, mandate school prayer, balance federal budgets, ban gay marriage, and limit tax increases, all within my lifetime. And I have no doubt that they would gladly get onboard for Steve Bannon's plan to amend the constitution to shrink government and deregulate big business.

Maybe their profound reverence for the constitution is actually insincere, just like everything else they pretend to care about.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The fact that they haven't realized the contradiction of "can't change the Constitution" and "must keep the Amendment" is really all that needs to be said. Hypocrisy is their native tongue.

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
How did Nazism grow in the Republican party?

I still remember, all through the Bush administration and the Obama administration, Americans were so hostile to the idea that Republicans were becoming Nazis that to even mention it was considered automatic disqualification in any conversation. People would literally just dismiss you and stop listening to anything you had to say if you suggested it.

That's how Nazism grew in the Republican party.

Top Bottom