What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It's meaningless, but it's the kind of buzzword-sounding stupidity that the GOP thrives on. Mostly because being meaningless makes it hard to actually argue against.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
This is also why nothing meaningful will be done in regards to school shootings. Because schools full of dead kids help advance the agenda to fully privatize education.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
So the problem's not that "more guns" isn't the solution, it's that we just haven't reached the number of guns needed for it to work.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I can think of no one who'd be more motivated to go postal on a school than its own teachers. Teaching is hell.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They'll half ass it, they won't pay for ammo, and the teachers won't touch them damn things anyway. This is literally just the test bed for when the republicans move to end public education claiming there is absolutely no way to ensure the safety of students.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
The only thing accomplished by arming teachers is ensuring that future shooters will see them as a threat and shoot them first.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Also giving them guns != training them properly in gun safety and marksmanship. It doesn't matter how many guns you have if you can't hit the broadside of a barn and breaksprain your wrist in doing so. Or any number of other issues because they're not properly taken care of, or held properly.

And that doesn't even address the issue of how well they would be able to do all this in a stressful situation(assuming you don't go full army marksman training with them and drill them until it's just muscle reflex)

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh man, my 11th grade journalism teacher hated me. High School Wheels would have been capped.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My 9th grade algebra teacher was driven to such a severe mental breakdown that the entire class was dissolved. It is a very good thing that she did not have a gun in her desk.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
The only thing accomplished by arming teachers is ensuring that future shooters will see them as a threat and shoot them first.
Or that future shooters will BE the teachers. Giving people in stressful situations lethal weapons is just asking for trouble. Lets see...

Teachers are
--Underpaid
--Overworked
--Have to deal with the same kids who just LOVE trying to push the buttons of any adult authority figure over and over again EVERY day

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My 5th grade teacher went completely insane, so I guess Grade School Wheels would have also been gunned down.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
IqUjqDtys5Tu4HvMlnPpL6287bKp2JKR8qpoMUYUXt0.jpg

...but with guns. Jesus Christ.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
There IS something meaningful being done about school shootings in Ohio.

Welcoming more of them.

They don't have the budget for updated/enhanced learning facilities, but we got the budget to give every teacher a strap?

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
I'm sure they'll take the money from something else that would've actually been useful. And then give themselves a raise for thinking of it.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Roe v Wade isn't even cold yet and Tragic: The Gardening is already going after the fact "the gays" are considered people under the law.

Top Bottom