What happened to my Filmation He-man and She-ra???

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Mattel for decades was the #1 Toy company in the world, followed by Lego, and finally Hasbro.

Recently I checked Google and now Lego is #1, then Hasbro further down on the list, and Mattel has dropped out of the top 10.

Now I understand why Mattel is falling back so desperately on He-man and :Masters of the Universe after taking him for granted for so . Lego and Hasbro have rubbed sand in their face:

Use the the Power, Mattel. Use it like there’s no tomorrow.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
MOTU Origins is better than Masterverse because they’ve gone back to the 3 and 3/4 inch figures of the Vintage era leaving room for vehicles and customization:

It was a mistake for Classics to go with 6-inch figures.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
This is the only place where they got the Filmation Swords of Power right:

IMG_2164.jpeg

IMG_2169.jpeg

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
It really made no sense for Adora to be the leader of the Great Rebellion. She just met them. Glimmer, Bo, and Madam Razz all had way more years on her. It would have made more sense for He-man and She-ra to return to Eternia together and help out the rebellion whenever they were needed. Adora/She-ra looks better with the Masters of the Universe:

Adora becoming the leader after just having been introduced to the rebels by Adam makes it look like it was a hostile takeover where Glimmer was just pushed out of leadership.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't recall if there was any progression there, but if she proved herself a good leader and such, it would make sense.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Masters of the Universe put out some cool battery-powered toys:

The Dragonwalker needs the electronics and batteries.

I hope MOTU Origins does this. Adult Collectors need to stop being averse to electronics and battery-powered vehicles.

The success of Masters of the Universe was due to its gimmicks, which set it apart from the pack.

It would be ridiculous for Mattel to put out a Dragonwalker that you just push around with your hand, but I would not be surprised if they do.

What was the point of Classics putting out Thunder-Punch He-man without the thunderpunch action feature?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

That was possibly the noisiest toy I ever had growing up, and my parents pretty much forbade me from using batteries in it. A manual option would have been much more preferable.

If I were to get one, I don't think I'd ever get to use the battery feature, anyway, because then my wife would kill me.

Argue about Attak Trak or the laser stuff or whatever else you want, but unless they can find a way to quiet that thing the hell down, batteries would either be a nightmare or a waste for a lot of people.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Kobra Khan needs his mist action feature:

That’s the whole selling point for kids, to increase the play value.

These adult collectors. You can fill Kobra Khan with cologne, aftershave, or your wife’s favorite perfume and have a lot of fun with it. Learn to play again!

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Masters of the Universe needs to bring back the gimmicks and the power punch waist action feature:

if they ever hope to attract the kids.

It simply cannot survive by catering only to adult collectors.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Kids don't much play with action figures anymore. Nowadays, they're all so invested with playing games and videos on their parents' phones and tablets. Or on their own phones and tablets.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They aren't trying to appeal to only the adult collectors, but without the adult collectors, we probably wouldn't have anything at the moment.

Kids just aren't sustaining the brand these days, and it's apparently going to take more than rubber bands and running around in furry underwear to get the job done.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kids do still play with action figures. I see it at every restaurant. This particular brand is pretty dead though.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Perhaps if there was a 3rd season of He-man we could have seen the Roton:

Maybe they should have tried to suck more out of Masters of the Universe before moving on to She-ra. It was still the #1 toyline in the country after all.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe they should have tried to suck more out of Masters of the Universe before moving on to She-ra. It was still the #1 toyline in the country after all.
Now that's an agreeable point. Filmation probably should have looked into hiring more people so they could produce both shows together, or something.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
What happened to wind-up toys:

They were simply the best! Masters of the Universe needs to get back into this.

Top Bottom