WFC Kingdom Appreciation Thread

CrockAlley

Citizen
Is there any consensus on which Rhinox is better? The new Kingdom one or the one from a few years back? Same question for Rattrap. After holding off, I think I'm going to buy all the Beast Wars guys. I've already got the older Waspinator and I think I'm going to stick with him.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I really recommend Kingdom Waspinator. Way better in hand than photos indicate. The full knee movement and wings unencumbered by a spring-loaded gimmick certainly help as well.

I never bought T30 Rhinox but am perfectly happy with the Kingdom version.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
ive got both t30 waspy and rhinox. i dont see any seriously vast improvements with the new ones so im sticking with what ive got. most youtube vids ive watched have said they arent any better than the old ones (and one said waspy downright sucks)

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I completely forgot T30 Waspinator has a wing gimmick and I think Kingdom's sculpt looks better (which I didn't think was possible looking at T30), but I still need to get him myself.

I love Kingdom Rattrap, the only thing T30 Rattrap has going for him is his arm panel with demolition charge and he can stand in beast mode, but I think Kingdom captures his size and personality better.

Rhinox is harder cause I think we have to wait and see how Kingdom's joints hold up compared to T30's, my T30's hips are crazy loose and his knees are good but most seem to have the opposite, but that might not be smart or doable, I like Kingdoms chest but once it was pointed out the design is straight from Forged to Fight that seemed to ruin me on the mold for some reason.

CrockAlley

Citizen
Thanks for the thoughts. I just ordered a bunch. I'm holding off on Waspinator for now. Megatron and Terrorsaur are sold out. But the rest are on their way!

Telly

Citizen
i know rattrap is supposed to be small, but i thnk the new one is TOO small. but then, the t30 one is too big. if they made one that was half way between the 2, id probly buy it

Arazyr

Citizen
  • I like Rattrap being very small, so Kingdom for me.
  • I consider T30 and Kingdom Waspinator are about equivalent. There are things I like better about each of them, so they roughly balance out.
  • I'm sticking with T30 Rhinox, because the "fake" lower jaw/chest part of the Kingdom one bugs me, and T30 has the functional chainguns. 8^)

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Kingdom Rhinox's lower leg transformation is satan's ass cheeks. I wouldnt wish that nightmare on anyone.

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like the T30 ones are better figures but the Kingdom ones go better with Kingdom where the other 90% of the Beast Wars cast is.

Telly

Citizen
i dont know. a mix and match looks pretty good to me :)

MaximalsS1.jpg

foxkids cheets, t30 ratty and rhinox and kingdom primal and dinobutt. i have airrazor but i took this before i got her

CrockAlley

Citizen
  • I like Rattrap being very small, so Kingdom for me.
  • I consider T30 and Kingdom Waspinator are about equivalent. There are things I like better about each of them, so they roughly balance out.
  • I'm sticking with T30 Rhinox, because the "fake" lower jaw/chest part of the Kingdom one bugs me, and T30 has the functional chainguns. 8^)
The lower jaw bugs me so much, ha ha. Especially because you can clearly see the “real” jaw right behind the robot head. But I bought the new one anyway.

I just transformed Beast Megatron for the first time. I felt like I was going to break his hips splitting them apart. Is this a common problem?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I feel like the T30 ones are better figures but the Kingdom ones go better with Kingdom where the other 90% of the Beast Wars cast is.
That’s what kind of pulled me to the Kingdom versions this year. On a pure character/toy standpoint, I got as good (if not better in many case) versions of most of these characters. But I dug the “Classics 07/Universe 08” direction which put an emphasis on the realistic animal modes and general consistency in character scale.

At this point, it’s nearly impossible to say ANY versions of toys/characters we’re getting are going to abjectively better than prior toys. Now it’s what each new toy does DIFFERENT and whether those difference(s) scratch a particular itch.

Xellos

Citizen
Finally found Blaster, a nice find to end the year. Much more manageable size than the Titans Return version. The only downside I found is that his gun is not compatible with effect pieces. I was hoping that at least the weapons would continue to be usable with the pieces but alas...

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I too was disappointed about Blaster's gun. Makes me think that Legacy will be dropping that gimmick for the most part (as far as I can tell, Blaster was made for Legacy and added to Kingdom)

Questionable Meats

Citizen
Finally found Blaster, a nice find to end the year. Much more manageable size than the Titans Return version. The only downside I found is that his gun is not compatible with effect pieces. I was hoping that at least the weapons would continue to be usable with the pieces but alas...
I kinda got that feeling after looking at Slug's gun, his isn't compatible at all. Some might still be, like bigger cannons, and we might still see a nub inside Dragon Megatron's mouth, but I feel like for the most part, effect parts aren't going to mesh as well going forward

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I get not covering everyone with pegs or including new effects parts, but could they not have kept putting them at the ends of gun barrels?

I think some of the Core/Legend/whatever guys in Kingdom were the same way.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
So after asking him to keeps his eyes open, my brother found Tigatron at Target.

He is great, I like how almost all of his robot bits are hidden in beast mode and i think it's interesting that he and Cheetor both come with tail weapons but their different from each other.

Now I really need to get Airazor and hopefully I'll actually get her this time.

Top Bottom