WFC Kingdom Appreciation Thread

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No problem, it's a weird situation. I initially tried to explain it from memory but quickly realized I was messing it up so I went and dug it up. I just remembered that conversation because I was baffled that they were reissuing Arcee yet again.

The Phazer

Citizen
Jackpot arrived today from Hasbro Pulse. He's pretty bad!

The Autobot logo isn't tampoed right so it's really dark, and the head is just... a total mess. Tolerances feel pretty poor compared to Jazz too.

Attachments

• 20211126_130915.jpg
    20211126_130915.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 137

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Jackpot arrived today from Hasbro Pulse. He's pretty bad!

The Autobot logo isn't tampoed right so it's really dark, and the head is just... a total mess. Tolerances feel pretty poor compared to Jazz too.

I find a lot of people nitpick and complain about terrible qc and ruined figures on things I think are totally fine and not a big deal, but that helmet looks legit horrible in those pics.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Yeah, it's really unfortunate what happened with Jackpot. I'd accidentally ordered two, but got the benefit of picking out the better of the heads.

I can live with the one I settled on, but between that and the splitting windshield issue with the mold in general, Jackpot sure wasn't a lucky fella.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I don't remember seeing any head (aside from huge ones like Trypticon or the Dinobots) assembled side-to-side before, usually they're front-and-back. I'm sure there have been many I simply overlooked, but this is probably why it isn't more common.

Edit: And if the head ISN'T assembled in two side-halves, just ignore me. I don't have one, so it's entirely possible there's something else going on and I just don't know what I'm looking at.

Last edited:

The Phazer

Citizen
I don't remember seeing any head (aside from huge ones like Trypticon or the Dinobots) assembled side-to-side before, usually they're front-and-back. I'm sure there have been many I simply overlooked, but this is probably why it isn't more common.

Edit: And if the head ISN'T assembled in two side-halves, just ignore me. I don't have one, so it's entirely possible there's something else going on and I just don't know what I'm looking at.

It's two parts for the helmet side to side, with a face glued on (which is why the face and eyes look a little better).

The thing is it's not just misaligned - cutting it in half and re-gluing wouldn't help much. The parts just fundamentally don't match up all the way around. It's like they did two different head sculpts and then took half from one and half from the other. I have to think it's another victim of this issue Hasbro seem to have over the last few years where black parts seem to be pulled out of the mold too quickly and are warping badly. It's Siege Astrotrain level.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
No one else digging that Buzzsaw the was leaked? Terrible photo but you can tell he is going to look great.

Just to clarify, no, not cassette Buzzsaw. Retool of Kingdom Waspinator with new head resembling the original toy's non-mutant head

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Buzzsaw is cool, I kind of like my Cybertron version, but I may pick up that version of this mold instead of Waspinator. Unless they do a Buzzer-bot version.

Kind of digging the Core Hot Rod, also, but he makes me want a Core Kup and Blurr to go with him.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
No one else digging that Buzzsaw the was leaked? Terrible photo but you can tell he is going to look great.

Just to clarify, no, not cassette Buzzsaw. Retool of Kingdom Waspinator with new head resembling the original toy's non-mutant head
Eh, probably retailer exclusive for Legacy or a concurrent exclusive initiative.

Final images for Core Hot Rod. I don't know if it is because they just did such a DAMN GOOD job with the first run of Core "mains" this year, but Hot Rod is a bit lacking to me. The vehicle mode has some wonky proportions, reminding me a bit more of the Rodimus Prime "car/truck" than Hot Rod's sports car. And the budget issues really make things apparent in robot mode with that big orange block of a chest. It's also disappointing that the sword is painted, rather than translucent plastic (especially in light of how Eject was handled). Heck, even the face and head remind me more of Cyberverse Hot Rod rather than G1 Hot Rod.

It's not HORRIBLE, but definitely lacking compared to prior efforts.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
qF5Tss6.jpg

"No, it's the Beast Wars guy not the G1 guy" is a fun little change of pace.

Between this and that rumored white Buzzworthy repaint I'm almost certainly gonna get some version of this mold after all.

EDIT:
5G1FDt2.jpg

Slammer's tower mode... and some interesting "accidental" leaks in the margins there...

Last edited:

Glitch

Citizen
Buzzsaw could come with a Micromaster, one that's been underused unlike Ratbat, like say an orange version of Laserbeak?
Also it'd be a shame to waste that Terrorsaur mold.....

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
qF5Tss6.jpg

"No, it's the Beast Wars guy not the G1 guy" is a fun little change of pace.

Between this and that rumored white Buzzworthy repaint I'm almost certainly gonna get some version of this mold after all.

EDIT:
5G1FDt2.jpg

Slammer's tower mode... and some interesting "accidental" leaks in the margins there...
I see Legacy Inferno, something "Dastard", and Gadep / Omega Sentinel.

Top Bottom