WFC Kingdom Appreciation Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
My Walmart currently has more Vintage Beast Wars than any other line. The pegs are filled with Cheetors and Rattraps while Kingdom, Cyberverse, Studio Series, and RED are all sparse in quantity.

Boss Borot

The Living Junkyard
Citizen
Same with mine. Got a few Bumblebee Movie Starscreams, the usual pile of Kingdom Arcees and Blackarachnias, and a good handful of each reissue. I'd grab a Megatron to go with my original childhood Primal if he was a bit cheaper.

Also, is there a way to see online if Target has Road Rage physically in stock? Her numbers don't seem to work on Brickseek and Target's site just tells me to sign up for the card with no other useful info.

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Is Walmart Reissue Rattrap larger than the original? I saw one the other day and it seemed marketedly bigger than I remember it being.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Weren't we supposed to get Polar Claw and Sky-Byte in Kingdom?

Nope.

In the original battle scene concept art shown when it was announced Polar Claw and Gears (and some non-existent fossilizers) can be half seen but we were told very quickly that they had been left out pretty early in the concept phase and were not happening.

No Skybite was ever even rumored.

But I think he might have been part of the rumor of yet to be announced "more Walmart reissues."

-ZacWilliam, waiting to see if those actually happen...

Onyx

Citizen
Nope.

In the original battle scene concept art shown when it was announced Polar Claw and Gears (and some non-existent fossilizers) can be half seen but we were told very quickly that they had been left out pretty early in the concept phase and were not happening.

That sucks. Hope they make it into Legacy or Generations Select.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
liking it so far. and i do need eject for my movie figure completion (dont like the what looks to be transparent arms and legs). but! i rather like the foc blaster being able to turn into something practical and not having to be transported everywhere. this is a toughie. practicality vs nostalgia-which will win??

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
forget gps! we now live in an age of eps! energon-infused plastic syndrome! you think youre pretty much fine when you contract it, but after a while, the second stage of the disease sets in-your joints start to feel funny and loose and start randomly popping off! the third and final stage is you laying in a heap of shattered pieces and dreams :(

Kaon

From what Kal understood they will not be putting Blaster up for preorder until he hits store shelves.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Blaster looks good. Eject raises a lot of questions.

Is he the same size as Soundwave's WfC cassettes? Are they interchangeable? Or is this a new scale for the same gimmick? If they're not interchangeable, are the upcoming leaked Soundwave and SS86 Rumble an indication that Soundwave and all the WfC cassettes will be getting updates, or does this just mean we'll have two incomplete sets of Decepticon cassettes that aren't compatible with each other? Why clear limbs? That will just make him look out of place amongst all the other bots. Will there be a normal deco release coming later?

Yes, I'm overreacting to a few neat pictures. It's been that kind of week.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Blaster looks good. Eject raises a lot of questions.

Is he the same size as Soundwave's WfC cassettes? Are they interchangeable? Or is this a new scale for the same gimmick? If they're not interchangeable, are the upcoming leaked Soundwave and SS86 Rumble an indication that Soundwave and all the WfC cassettes will be getting updates, or does this just mean we'll have two incomplete sets of Decepticon cassettes that aren't compatible with each other? Why clear limbs? That will just make him look out of place amongst all the other bots. Will there be a normal deco release coming later?

Yes, I'm overreacting to a few neat pictures. It's been that kind of week.

I expect they'll be the same size as Soundwave's minions, its likely they are using the same torso from Soundwave to save money with a few changes, but that just speculation on my part going by those images.

NovaSaber

Citizen
He looks close enough to the same size that it would be weird if they're not interchangeable. And he is still part of WFC trilogy, which generally has had a tendency toward compatibility.

electricidad

Citizen
Blaster looks amazing! But fifth wave of Kingdom? Final waves of figures are notoriously difficult to get.

I don't like my odds.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I don't like the odds much either. Makes me hope the talk about this guy getting reissued for Legacy is true.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I mean... he was front and (almost) center on the key art for the line. And we saw the same happen with Astrotrain in Earthrise.

Top Bottom