WFC Kingdom Appreciation Thread

The Phazer

Citizen
Kapow toys suggests that Tigatron (the regular one) will be an Amazon exclusive in the UK. Which would make me extremely grumpy, given Amazon UK's history of taking orders for Transformers, never shipping them, and then quietly cancelling them six months later when it's too late.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen
Really? Arcee again? I feel like Sunstreaker, or Cliffjumper would have been a much better choice.
When a figure shelf warms a lot they tend to be reclaimed by hasbro and repacked as an attempt to push the remaining units at a later date while also clearing up shelf space for more new product. These are the same Arcees that shelf warmed earlier this year and last year in earthrise if you were lucky enough to find wave 2.

The reason Sunstreaker and Cliffjumper aren't coming back is because they sold out and did not need to be repackaged.

TrnsfrmGod

Citizen
When a figure shelf warms a lot they tend to be reclaimed by hasbro and repacked as an attempt to push the remaining units at a later date while also clearing up shelf space for more new product. These are the same Arcees that shelf warmed earlier this year and last year in earthrise if you were lucky enough to find wave 2.

The reason Sunstreaker and Cliffjumper aren't coming back is because they sold out and did not need to be repackaged.
... Sunstreaker was released at retail?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
and Blaster was pulled from Legacy for an early release in Kingdom under wave 5. I am uncertain as to what the repacks are for each wave.
Recent leaked reports indicate that may not be happening anymore.

Also, retailers are stupid and splitting wave 4 makes little sense since retailers will shift to Legacy after the New Year. Same thing happened with wave 5 of Siege where waves were tweaked/added "due to retailer demand" and the last waves were basically absent a meaningful retail presence.
Or even just going with Kingdom releases, there's Blackarachnia, Airazor, Warpath, Huffer (wave 3, to not be alongside Pipes), and Cheetor (wave 4, to not be alongside Shadow Panther).
Cheetor and Warpath were brisk sellers in wave 1 in my area. I just don't get why Hasbro is running Arcee again.

That's not how it works. Hasbro doesn't take back old toys, ship them to Vietnam, put them in new packaging and ship them BACK with new toys in the box.

The reason we aren't seeing any pre-Kingdom deluxe being used as refresher material is because it would take time and resources to develop the packaging and approvals that Hasbro probably feels isn't necessary at this stage. It's quicker to rerun an existing product than to redevelop a refresh (especially given the likely limited time frame to work with given what we know about the line's development cycle).

Earthrise wave 3 was basically non-existent at US retail. Pretty much anyone, but especially Trailbreaker and Sunstreaker, would likely have done FINE as a refresh.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm still waiting for them to stock Core Soundwave.

FWIW, the Pit of Judgement reappeared several times, I just don't think anyone was paying attention after the initial fuss over it.

Notomus

Citizen
... Sunstreaker was released at retail?
For my area and what it seems like in general, wave 2 ended up at most Walmarts while wave 3 was at most Targets
That's not how it works. Hasbro doesn't take back old toys, ship them to Vietnam, put them in new packaging and ship them BACK with new toys in the box.

The reason we aren't seeing any pre-Kingdom deluxe being used as refresher material is because it would take time and resources to develop the packaging and approvals that Hasbro probably feels isn't necessary at this stage. It's quicker to rerun an existing product than to redevelop a refresh (especially given the likely limited time frame to work with given what we know about the line's development cycle).

Earthrise wave 3 was basically non-existent at US retail. Pretty much anyone, but especially Trailbreaker and Sunstreaker, would likely have done FINE as a refresh.
Hasbro packages their figures in Canada...

When Hasbro is having retailers credit back product in bulk (IE Arcee) they need something to do with the units, for small quantities it'll usually end up at a discount store but there were so many Arcees that they shipped them to Canada and repackaged them in Kingdom.

Wave 3 ER was plentiful on online retailers, I don't get why people bitch and moan about not finding stuff at retail, yes it's annoying but online retailers exist for a reason. Wave 3 was in stock on BBTS for months after they released so you had plenty of time to get them.

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
For those who do not know, these four were the original concept for wave four. Due to retailer demand the wave was split into waves 4 and 5 with the following case pack assortments:
Wave 4:
Waspinator x2
Shadow Panther x2
Tracks x2
Paleotrex x2

Wave 5
Pipes x2
Slammer x2
Scorponok x2
Arcee x2

Glad to see Scorponok getting repackaged at least, wave 3 had a lot of distribution issues (I never saw it until recently) so it's nice for those who don't shop online. Gotta love how ERcee now has been repacked twice! Should probably also mention that Tigatron is still wave 4 and Blaster was pulled from Legacy for an early release in Kingdom under wave 5. I am uncertain as to what the repacks are for each wave.

Also, Hasbro is not stupid for splitting the wave to appeal to retailer demand.
We shall see when Hasbro announces them cause most online retailers say wave 4. And splitting the wave is stupid. It literally gives us more shelf warmers and will be harder to find the actual new ones

Notomus

Citizen
We shall see when Hasbro announces them cause most online retailers say wave 4. And splitting the wave is stupid. It literally gives us more shelf warmers and will be harder to find the actual new ones
pfffft Hasbro announcing toys lmao. cries in no preorders

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
> $35 deluxes
> Arrive after they're found at mass retail
You’re going based off a few times. I literally have puffer and RoadRanger, A Bluestreak who ain’t revealed and I had the first to get thrust etc. so stop with that shit and same goes for this price bs. I haven’t said shit for how much I pay. So seriously, stop beating a dead horse and move on

Shadhausen

Citizen
Man the online retailers are really behind the curve on wave 4. I just found both Shadow Panther and Waspinator at Target and I usually don't find anything for a good month after preorders ship.

Notomus

Citizen
Man the online retailers are really behind the curve on wave 4. I just found both Shadow Panther and Waspinator at Target and I usually don't find anything for a good month after preorders ship.
Doesn't help that Hasbro dropped the ball on reveals, hope things start to pick up again since we've got all of Golden Disk out with only one leak.

TrnsfrmGod

Citizen

Wave 3 ER was plentiful on online retailers, I don't get why people bitch and moan about not finding stuff at retail, yes it's annoying but online retailers exist for a reason. Wave 3 was in stock on BBTS for months after they released so you had plenty of time to get them.

Eh.

You're 100% right, and my little gripe up there was more in jest. Personally, I just prefer to find stuff in brick-and-mortar, because it's more exciting to round a corner on the aisle and see that thing I've been hoping to see, rather than the shooting fish in a barrel of buying EXACTLY what I want online.

...is it possible I'm more excited about buying the things than actually finding them?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Eh.

You're 100% right, and my little gripe up there was more in jest. Personally, I just prefer to find stuff in brick-and-mortar, because it's more exciting to round a corner on the aisle and see that thing I've been hoping to see, rather than the shooting fish in a barrel of buying EXACTLY what I want online.

...is it possible I'm more excited about buying the things than actually finding them?
The thrill of the hunt itself.

Top Bottom