we've lost Derrick J Wyatt...

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
This is truly heart breaking. Ive had Animated on the brain the past few days only to have it topped off with this unfortunate news.

May his family and loved ones find peace.

Kaon

This just goes to show that you never know how long you have.

May he rest in peace.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I saw a video that he passed. Dang. I enjoyed Animated a ton. I didn't finish his run on Ben 10 but I saw that it got epic (and there was a Bucky O'Hare homage, I think).

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sad news. His last tweet was on Dec 11. It's tragic how suddenly anyone can be lost at any time.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Transformers would not be the same without his work on Animated, and you could always tell when he had designed on a show. Scooby Doo Mystery Inc looked fantastic. So sad to lose him.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Sad news. Condolences to his family. His work on Transformers and more will be remembered for many years to come.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sad, shocking news. I remember getting to meet him -- or at least ask him a question-- at TFCon years ago.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Very sad news, indeed.

My son isn't much into Transformers (more of a Hot Wheels/Matchbox kid), but we recently got a Roku and now have access to any and all Transformers series, so he's been watching Animated with me and enjoying it as the humor is right up his alley.

Derrick had a great and unique style that he brought to the brand, and he'll definitely be missed.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
His touch for fun and wacky characters were felt across a lot of great shows in the last few decades. It’s sad to see him go.

Top Bottom