"Vintage Beast Wars" reissue line

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The bio card on the back also refers to him as "Maximal Cybershark" where the original was just "Cybershark".

Nevermore

Citizen
The bio card on the back also refers to him as "Maximal Cybershark" where the original was just "Cybershark".
Wolfang's packaging does the same, which is weird.

Especially since the bios themselves just call them "Cybershark" and "Wolfang", with no prefixes.

Lobjob

Citizen
I know its just an out so I can personally justify buying these molds again, but I'd love if they released these molds in different colors as different characters; even as a selects line.

I keep eyeballing a Cybershark at a local Wal-Mart, and I'm like do I NEED another Cybershark? What if mine breaks?

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
It's weird, because the first wave (Primal, Megatron, Rattrap & Cheetor) all had fairly obvious deco differences. I personally grabbed Cheetor just to have another eye-color variant, and I was tempted to go for Megatron because of the darker purple (but couldn't justify spending 2.5x the original price!) But then the later waves appear to be just straight up reproductions of the originals. (Though having Tigatron be the Japanese version was a nice surprise.)

Nevermore

Citizen
Aaand apparently Retrax:
s-l1600.jpg

And before anyone asks: Yes, that looks like reissue packaging.
Beast Wars age labels.jpg

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Need them to do one of the bears, for my gf
(and also polar claw was probably my most wanted non-show character as a kid that I never got)

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Yeah Retrax! I remember finding mine at some store I never go to (I want to say K-Mart but my memory is too fuzzy) and I think I was looking for certain Minicons at the time so it was during Armada (but again fuzzy).

It would be great if they reissued the combiners, maybe while fixing the GPS on Magnaboss and the clear plastic on Tripredacus (I guess by not using clear, because only my Ram Horn is in one piece).

Nevermore

Citizen

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Retrax is just about the last BW figure I'd expect to get reissued. Which is kinda neat since I guess it means everything's on the table, but I dunno why they're opting for a notoriously bad mold over the more desired characters.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And a pair of legs.

That better be an inexplicable stock photography goof and not an issue with the whole production run. Retrax deserves a perfect reissue.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I forget if my OG Retrax, which I got used, was complete. No one else was. Some close, but not complete.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The only place I ever saw Retrax was in a Walgreens, along with a Spittor and a K-9. I bought the K-9, but Retrax and Spittor remained there well into Armada. I really wanted to buy them out of pity, but I also didn't want to ruin it. It was already starting to be nostalgic seeing them there.

It's going to be fun seeing one of these on store pegs again. Now I genuinely want one.

Top Bottom