"Vintage Beast Wars" reissue line

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Inflation sucks. I would have picked up the Tigatron I found yesterday for the reissue line if I could have paid around $12 for it and not $22.
Don't I know it. Since moving to Canada after living in the US, there's been inflation, conversion rates, and the strength of one dollar versus the other to the point I don't know what anything is really worth anymore. XP

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
It’s kind of a dice roll, but I got Primal and Megatron for $15 usd each when they got marked down on Walmart.com. And Rattrap and Cheetor for $5 each recently in-store, though I’ve seen them anywhere between $7-$15 at other Walmarts. Their clearance prices are not consistent, but if the original price is your only hurdle, and you can get to a Walmart, waiting for clearance is the way to go.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I only ever saw Primal and Megatron marked down online, but the other 2, yeah the markdowns are all over the map. And, I would still recommend picking up any must-haves when you see them, because there is no guarantee they will stick around to clearance. But if it’s a would-be-nice buy, wait for clearance. It’s worth it.

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
My Walmart had Rattrap for 11 and change when I was there tonight.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I saw one Tigatron at Walmart today, but the packaging was so bent and beat up it looked as if someone had tried to steal the Tigatron inside but gave up since the bubble itself was still sealed.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I saw one Tigatron at Walmart today, but the packaging was so bent and beat up it looked as if someone had tried to steal the Tigatron inside but gave up since the bubble itself was still sealed.
Probably a return from someone who ordered it online, as Walmart has just been throwing them in mailers rather than boxes.

BeastWarsFan95

Toy photographer, webcomic artist, dinogeek
Citizen
Dude. We just got a line that leaned heavily into BW, giving us show accurate figures. We got a Beast Wars reissue line. And we're getting more BW stuff in Legacy.

Stop it.
We are getting only 3 Bw characters in Legacy, 1 in the Golden Disk sublime, and have only gotten 6 vintage figs so far.

Meanwhile G1 has SS 86, most of Legacy, and the G1 derivative BB figs in mainline SS. Plus masterpiece.

I will not ‘stop it’.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
And I will not stop until I get a Titan Grand Mal Megatron!

Also, Pulse has the newest Beast Wars reissues available. I find Scorponok's price particularly galling with the full fledged Ultra figures being a mere $5 more. Guess I'll be waiting for a sale at Walmart then.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm torn between wanting this ever since I got an incomplete one in a box of toys I bought, and the price that Walmart Canada will no doubt crank it up to.

Nevermore

Citizen
The only difference I found is he is now called Maximal Cybershark due to Hasbro no longer having the trademark to refer to him as just Cybershark.
The original was named "Heroic Maximal Cybershark" by that logic.

All of the original BW figures (excluding the first "rock bubble" batch) had their faction written above their name on their packaging. The difference with the reissues is that Hasbro now omits the words "heroic" or "evil" because the packaging is now sporting five languages. And apparently they're referencing semi-random original packaging, which is why the faction prefixes seem to be applied at random. Reissue Tigatron comes in rock bubble packaging, which the original never had!

Comparisons:
BW_Cybershark_comparison.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom