"Vintage Beast Wars" reissue line

Nevermore

Citizen
Rattrap, Cheetor, Optimus Primal and Megatron have already been released. Up next are Tigatron and Scorponok. Official Hasbro stock photos from an eBay seller:

And no, these are not digibashes like some people suggested, unless someone is proficient enough in five languages to convincingly fake modern packaging.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I want Scorponok.

I already have Telemocha Series Tigatron, but this one still looks nice enough that I make consider picking it up.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
I was at a Walmart for the first time in months on Monday, and saw Rattrap and Cheetor on the pegs for $19.something. That seemed like a lot for what used to be a "basic" toy, but I've always been amused by the idea of a transforming rat, so I bought the Rattrap.

Yesterday I found the receipt, and the little rat bastard actually rang up for $22.87. With a note that it was "rolled back" from $22.97.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am definitely getting that Tigatron! Now that I have my Beast Wars figures on display at work, this reissue line is going to fill in a lot of gaps in my BW collection!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
let the record show Rattrap was $5 when the line was new.

Inflations' a bitch.
Rattrap was a little above that. Probably so Hasbro wouldn't have to justify another price point and him being a show character.
Cheetor was $10, and is now the same as current deluxe class figures. Ultra Primal and Megatron are a bit above double their original retail, but they also have a LOT more features than we tend to get in Voyager or even Leader figures these days.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
That Tigatron looks identical to the original Japanese release (which I dug out to compare the other day.)

I had to grab Cheetor, just to have another eye-color variant of that toy. :) Gotta say, the new orange eyes in bot mode really pop. I was a little depressed to realize that I was only a year older than my son is now when I bought the original Cheetor for half of what he costs today. (It's also a little ridiculous comparing what my daughter now makes working at Walmart compared to what I made at TRU 25 years ago; wages certainly haven't doubled...)

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Charging Deluxes prices for a Basic, advertising Ultras as $40 but charging $53 instead... god knows what they're gonna ask for Scorponok there.

I wonder if there are another two reissues coming out alongside this pair. First set had four, the leaked Terrorsaur/Tarantulas/K-9/Cybershark is another four, sure seems to be the pattern.

Boss Borot

The Living Junkyard
Citizen
I might be interested in Scorponok. I like the colors and I never had the original.

Has there been any rumors at all about Inferno getting this treatment? I would absolutely buy one, he's probably my favorite childhood BW toy and my original is in pretty rough shape.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would be for getting it to, but I just got a vintage one this past year in my second mystery box of TFs.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Has there been any rumors at all about Inferno getting this treatment? I would absolutely buy one, he's probably my favorite childhood BW toy and my original is in pretty rough shape.
Reportedly, there's a new-mold Inferno coming in Legacy.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
That Tigatron looks identical to the original Japanese release (which I dug out to compare the other day.)

I had to grab Cheetor, just to have another eye-color variant of that toy. :) Gotta say, the new orange eyes in bot mode really pop. I was a little depressed to realize that I was only a year older than my son is now when I bought the original Cheetor for half of what he costs today. (It's also a little ridiculous comparing what my daughter now makes working at Walmart compared to what I made at TRU 25 years ago; wages certainly haven't doubled...)
It is a nice-looking Tigatron. I bought the Japanese release back in the day and have always regretted parting with it. Looks like I will have a chance at getting a version of it again.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Thinking about buying Tigatron. Either he or Rhinox was my first BW figure, and it'd be fun to have one that's bright white.
The Cheetor sounds cool, too, but I'm on the fence with both of these - all my BW figs are still in good shape, w/ the exception of TM Megs. (And possibly TM2 Megs, but I haven't touched that one in years out of an abundance of caution.)

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I hope they release Rhinox and Waspinator next.

I think TM Blackaracnia, Rampage, and Rhinox are my only show characters I need to get to fill in my gaps.

I wonder if they will start to do some non-show characters too?

Top Bottom