Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

Kup

Citizen
I really want to know why the new mold toy got short packed in a sea of repaints. Even an extra Cosmos per case would help with this nonsense.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Probably because they wanted to create hype around it, or because they just didn't make that many.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It IS a subline based on racing (presumably around a track). It's quite odd that Cosmos was here at all; someone ordering these are Walmart must really be aggressive about specific exclusives that'll pull people there. "Yeah yeah it's a wave of mostly redecos and retools. BUT that tape deck guy, the VW guy, an all new unique mold? Only at Walmart."

I think it's been established that in the USA the cases are a set distribution of the 5 figures while in the UK they are getting solid cases of one figure.
Thanks for the info! Here in the Philippines we have Walmart style wave-in-a-box. For Deluxes at least.

Last edited:

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I've been curious about just who decides on the case assortments. We know that the retailers dictate a lot about what goes into exclusives. They decide which characters they actually want to buy, how many cases they're ordering, whether they order restocks, etc. But do they also dictate how many of each figure go into a case?

I mean, I find the idea of Hasbro thinking there would be more interest in Burn-Out or Road Rocket than Cosmos to be extremely improbable. I could definitely see Walmart making a decision like that out of simply not caring about fan interest and factoring something else in, like cost impact due to his being the one all-new mold in the case. But does Hasbro get no say in that?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Found some of them in store for the first time today. No Cosmos or Clampdown but the rest of the Deluxes and Hauler.

I was very very tempted by Haulers beautiful color green even though I already have two of the mold. I got Road Rocket instead though. Because it's a mold I don't have and the only one I had ordered on Walmart.con.

-ZacWilliam, canceled that order immediately so I no longer have to worry about the unlikeliness of it ever being fulfilled.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Seems my area got their Speedia deluxes in Monday and Tuesday. I finally had a chance to stop at a few stores yesterday. I had a sliver of hope that one store might have Cosmos simply because it's in the middle of a giant construction mess. I was only anywhere near it because I had to stop at a nearby business for work. Sure enough, it had one full case of deluxes on the shelf... minus Cosmos. 😖

Dake

Citizen
I'm sure we'll see a rerelease of Cosmos in different packaging but he'll ship in stupidly larger quantities, thereby leading to pegwarming.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Options:

Cosmos in silver and grey (or blue) as Pathfinder

Cosmos in yellow as Scrounge

Cosmos in any color you please maybe like metal-ized Cosmos colors as Shooting Star

-ZacWilliam, I won't suggest they make it a new character in new colors (glow-in-the-dark?) because that's patently ridiculous.

Shadewing

Citizen
Scrounge would be fitting if they did him in Speedia as a repaint of Cosmos, since he was an announcer in for it in the comics. But I'd be all for a Blue Cosmos as Pathfinder to go with Bug Bite, Road Ranger, and Crasher.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder if releasing him without the flag would do it. They split off the previous one from his Minicon, after all.

MrBlud

Citizen
If the mold exclusivity is the same as Soundwave then I doubt it.

Hasbro would’ve used VW Bee a lot more if they only had ti drop/switch an accessory.

Nevermore

Citizen
Which says to me there are plenty of Cosmos figures out there, just not in the US. So is that Hasbro's fault or Wal Marts?
Walmarts.

Smyths seems to be getting a lot of solid cases. Here in Germany, each retail figure has its own shelf tag at Smyths, rather than "Deluxe Class" and "Voyager Class" tags.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, I was thinking recently. Override and Burnout are called out on-package as Cybertron Universe and Diaclone universe respectively. Pretty sure Road Rocket is G2 Universe, though I haven't picked her up yet. Road Hauler is just Road Hauler and Cosmos is Autobot Cosmos, I suppose because they are G1, they don't get a Universe designator.

If Crasher is a legit wave 2 release, I'm wondering if they will just treat her as a G1 character, or if they will give her a Gobot Universe designation? If the latter, would that be the first fully-official Gobot released as such since the original run? (Not counting G2 name uses, etc.) That...would be kind of a big deal if it happens!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If Crasher is a legit wave 2 release, I'm wondering if they will just treat her as a G1 character, or if they will give her a Gobot Universe designation? If the latter, would that be the first fully-official Gobot released as such since the original run? (Not counting G2 name uses, etc.) That...would be kind of a big deal if it happens!
Golden Disk Collection Road Ranger beat her to it with both Amazon and Hasbro Pulse's product descriptions declaring him to be the legit Tonka GoBots universe character rather than a Cybertronian Transformers equivalent.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I got lucky on a Wal-Mart run today - they'd put out more of the Speedia guys. A couple Blurrs and Road Haulers, one Burnout...and a Scourge! Box was banged up but hadn't been tampered with, and was up amongst the top stock rather than with the regulars (so likely not a return). So that's one less preorder to worry about.

Top Bottom