Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
My Scourge from Walmart.com arrived today. Not the best idea to ship a box like that in a mailer. Crushed and bent significantly. I do find it charming that his package has a box flap like it does. Rare to see that on a domestic TF this big.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Yeah, ordering from walmart is a bit of a crapshoot in terms of what you'll get for shipping packages. Ordered three plastic tubs of topical cream once and they sent that in a mailer, one of them was a total wash as it got smashed on the way in, yet they frankensteined a box together to go around a second, smaller box for a different order...

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I passed on getting the Optimus version at GameStop with my Edge card the other day in the hopes Walmart Canada will get more Scourges and notify me, as per the thing I opted into on their website.

I hope I don't regret this course of action.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Road Rocket was always going to high on my list, below Cosmos because of rarity. Now I got hir, it is missing both the distinctive shoulder wheel silhouette and the arm mounted saw blade. Had an ingenious idea while I was at work, with a just as ingenious justification!

RoadRocket~2[1].jpg

I wished they made a clear-clear version of the saw-blade Mini-con (wasn't about to dig up Timelines Barricade to steal his solid grey one), but I justify it by it being "ON".

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
The front wheel splits open and connects to the the back to give the wheel shoulder look.
Holy Hell! Wasn't aware of the hole at the base of the neck! I've been trying to make it work with the wheel still attached to the front.

Dake

Citizen
Found the whole wave this morning, including the lone Cosmos in upstock with some extras they didn't have room on the peg for! I held off on the rest because 25 bucks is just too much (if they just get marked down to 20 I'll bite), but had to get this little guy. He's fantastic (though right shoulder's outward movement is loose) and I hope everyone that wants one can get one.

I think he's actually going to go on my MP shelf as he's about MP mini-bot sized and he fits aesthetically.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Finally got Cosmos. After a week of searching and just missing him, I found him while picking up some grocery items.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
It's pretty cool that you can slot a cyber key in override's gun, but a little disappointing how loose it is in there.

Also wow, the legacy skids mold is just a nice, solid, little car robot toy, huh

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dang, I was gonna either skip or wait on Road Rocket, but interest in this one is rising. Maybe after I get an Override.

Of course, given pricing, they may both have to wait a while.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Road Rocket is really fun, IMO. It's my first experience with the mold (didn't get Arcee) and they did a great job. I've never been the world's biggest motorcycle fan, but the vehicle mode is nice. The robot mode is where it's at for me though, as I love ninjas. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they decided to do a Nightbird deco, but it might be some kind of mortal sin to have a Nightbird that wasn't G1 Arcee first.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Road Rocket is really fun, IMO. It's my first experience with the mold (didn't get Arcee) and they did a great job. I've never been the world's biggest motorcycle fan, but the vehicle mode is nice. The robot mode is where it's at for me though, as I love ninjas. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they decided to do a Nightbird deco, but it might be some kind of mortal sin to have a Nightbird that wasn't Arcee first.

...but the mold already was Arcee first...

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
True, it's a version of Arcee. But not G1 "car on my back" Arcee, in the way that pretty much each Nightbird has been so far. Post has been edited for clarification.

Last edited:

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen

I think it's been established that in the USA the cases are a set distribution of the 5 figures while in the UK they are getting solid cases of one figure.
Which says to me there are plenty of Cosmos figures out there, just not in the US. So is that Hasbro's fault or Wal Marts?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Probably Walmart because I KNOW Override and Road Hauler are shipped in individual cases by virtue of each having their own, bespoke, shelf tag. But Walmart probably didn’t want to deal with that sort of minutiae with the deluxe assortment.

Top Bottom