Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
So we got two metatextually(is that the right word to use here?) trans girls in this capsule so far
seems like a good of a place as any to put a voyager Anode & Lug!

If you're gonna do some sort of whacky race with UFOs and tanker trucks why not add in a biplane?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
So in the first run we got:

Cosmos - Announcer/Flag guy
Hauler - Track Crew Crash Recovery
Clampdown - Rogue Speed Trap
Override - Defending Champ
Blur - Cybertron racer
Road R - Edgy racer
Burn Out - Underdog racer
Scourge - Villianous brute-force racer

Obviously more racers are easy to add, but I'm curious what other roles a second run of Velocitron toys might have. Emergency Medic Crew seams obvious. I'm not a race guy, what else would make sense? Pit crew? Grand Marshall (is that a thing?)

-ZacWilliam, races don't have halftime shows do they? A part of me wants to squeeze Twincast and Rosanna in there...

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Obviously more racers are easy to add, but I'm curious what other roles a second run of Velocitron toys might have. Emergency Medic Crew seams obvious. I'm not a race guy, what else would make sense? Pit crew? Grand Marshall (is that a thing?)

-ZacWilliam, races don't have halftime shows do they? A part of me wants to squeeze Twincast and Rosanna in there...

It kind of depends on the race. Circle track racing is different from road course racing, and rally racing is a whole other experience, too. And then, there is the question of if it's an endurance race or not...

Generally, there is some kind of support/pit crew. There are commentators, and interviewers/reporters who usually work close to the action. (This would be your best bet for Twincast and Rosanna, probably) There is also usually a celebrity-ish individual to start the race. (Second-best spot for Rosanna) Sponsors often have a presence at the track. In some types of racing, particularly in Japan but not exclusively, there is the Race Queen who helps promote their team or sponsors, especially in photo ops.

There are also lots of vendors for food and merchandise. Maybe a Legacy Day Trader could fit in that role?

Most types of racing will have a Pace Car, that leads the racers during times of caution. And a crash crew to clean up any wreckage.

So, yeah, if they aren't just including racers, there's a lot of options for additional roles a figure could fill.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I missed the preorder, so hopefully I can find him in the wild. If not, I do have the T30 one, the old Legends of Cybertron one, and a G1, so I'm pretty well set for Cosmoseseses.

Blot

Citizen
Well shoot, Cosmos and Clampdown were the only two I wanted that I wasn't able to also get. I don't get the luxury of a brick and mortar store.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'm satisfied with the Cosmos I got from the Thrilling 30 line. Gonna cross my fingers and hope to find Clampdown at brick and mortar.

Top Bottom