[User] Threads

Dake

Citizen
On a related note, a certain new user has been going around making all sorts of redundant duplicate threads for no real good reason, even making Transformers threads in the non-Transformers General Discussion section. It's really annoying seeing all those pointless duplicated threads.

Pulling this out of the other thread for it's own topic:

Can we just call it out? What's going on with [srubbed - Kalidor]? If not for the absence of any links, I'd think it was a bot too. The only thing I can think is it's attempting to establish a mostly harmless reputation before going full spam. Maybe it's just a person with zero awareness, but seems like at best they should be merged into a "[Scrubbed- Kalidor] Free Association Thread".

I don't think they're a bot though because there are actual responses in other threads not their own that seem to match the subject matter being discussed. Maybe just a reminder to use the search function before starting random threads on stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seems more like a harmless ND user than a bot or spammer. We're aware of this, however. That said, I edited the name out as I'm not really fond of public call outs. If you run into anything egregious please feel free to use the report button, however.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I think I know who is being talked about. It just seems to me like someone who's probably never been on boards before or just hasn't learned the etiquette yet. Personally, I'd advise to just be patient, maybe try to gently guide them on proper etiquette. Give it some time and I'm sure they'll calm down.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen

This person claims to have seen Obi-Wan Kenobi on DVD. That is literally impossible. Countless Disney+ fans have griped on social media about how it is officially impossible.

Shadewing

Citizen

This person claims to have seen Obi-Wan Kenobi on DVD. That is literally impossible. Countless Disney+ fans have griped on social media about how it is officially impossible.

Its not litterally impossible; just legally impossible. There is always a chance someone out there is selling bootleg DVDs of streaming shows.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, way back when there was no legal way to watch Masterforce and Victory I bought them on VHS on Ebay. It's entirely possible they're in a country where bootleg DVDs are prevalent.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I hold serious doubts that applies to someone who claims to use an iPad, the PlayStation Store, and Blu-Rays but never responds to forum posts directly.
Not to mention their constant repeated mentions of Shout! Factory's official DVD releases, as if they were keeping track of them and really want other people to know about them, too.

Top Bottom