Ultimetal Studio Ox Rodimus Prime / Hot Rod and Galvatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Just placed my order for Rodimus. It's a hefty chunk of change, and I had written it off when it first popped up last year on the assumption he'd be as expensive as Optimus and Megatron had been. But I love the character, and at this lower size and price, I just couldn't say no.

One of the things I've really liked in recent years is how the MP-9 gun combination scheme has caught on as a thing. I had noticed the similarity between the back half of Rodimus's rifle and one of Hot Rod's guns before then, but I hadn't really considered the idea of the barrel of the other gun being comparable to Rodimus's barrel, much less Rodimus's rifle being a combination of the two. QC issues aside, I liked MP-9 well enough, but the gun was the one thing that really kind of blew me away from that figure. Then that same idea got simplified and reused for PotP, the Furai model, and was strongly referenced in the design for Kingdom Rodimus. And now again here. I love it!

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I was never completely sold on the multi-pronged spoiler look from that one handshake drawing, so I'm glad to see that it can be displayed either way. Everything else is looking great too. Looking forward to getting this guy. :D

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
Does anyone know the nature of the relationship between Action Toys and Art Storm? Does one own the other? Nearly all coverage I've found of Ultimetals credits them to Action Toys but the wiki says Art Storm.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Does anyone know the nature of the relationship between Action Toys and Art Storm? Does one own the other? Nearly all coverage I've found of Ultimetals credits them to Action Toys but the wiki says Art Storm.
I don't think this is a full answer, but Art Storm's web page lists Action Toys as an overseas partner in Hong Kong:

The wiki says a lot of Art Storm's TF products, Ultimetal included, have been produced in cooperation with Action Toys, so I'm guessing it's some sort of partnership, not a case of one being just a subsidiary or distributor. But that's about as far as my searches have gotten me.

Top Bottom