UK politics thread – it just keeps on getting worse

Anonymous X

Citizen
Petrol (gasoline) shortage crisis mounts (due to Brexit):

Food and goods shortages building (due to logistics crisis caused by Brexit, and already very visible where I live):

Surging prices of natural gas used for heating (due to leaving the single European energy market and the ongoing logistics crisis) raising prices for consumers, and causing energy suppliers to go bust:

Ironbite4

Citizen
.....oh dear if it isn't the consequences of a whole bunch of dumbass racist morons actions.

Ironbite-I am so so sorry bro.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Jesus.
I knew about the gas crisis, but it never registered how utterly barren store shelves are becoming over there.
Stay safe and stay well.

Anonymous X

Citizen

Anonymous X

Citizen
Every shop I passed this morning had similar signs outside (notice that they skirted around mentioning the B-word):
48699EE5-A617-412D-A737-E1B47ACE3F97.jpeg

Translation:
“Some of our products are unavailable from our manufacturer” – we can’t get the products because we’re now outside the European Economic Area and customs union, and getting goods from the manufacturers is now an expensive, complicated ballache.

“we’ve a shortage of lorry drivers and team members” – the government have made 3 million working age people unwelcome here and removed their rights to live and work here. And even if the government hadn’t done so, our lorries (trucks) don’t have freedom of movement across the European Economic Area.

“We’re working hard to put this right” – we can’t actually solve this problem because politicians have screwed us over.

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Every shop I passed this morning had similar signs outside (notice that they skirted around mentioning the B-word):
View attachment 797
Translation:
“Some of our products are unavailable from our manufacturer” – we can’t get the products because we’re now outside the European Economic Area and customs union, and getting goods from the manufacturers is now an expensive, complicated ballache.

“we’ve a shortage of lorry drivers and team members” – the government have made 3 million working age people unwelcome here and removed their rights to live and work here. And even if the government hadn’t done so, our lorries (trucks) don’t have freedom of movement across the European Economic Area.

“We’re working hard to put this right” – we can’t actually solve this problem because politicians have screwed us over.

I guess it could be worse. They could be like the signs in US stores, bluntly blaming someone other than the real source of their problems.

Cradok

Citizen
Jesus.
I knew about the gas crisis, but it never registered how utterly barren store shelves are becoming over there.
Stay safe and stay well.

It's having a pretty bad effect in Ireland too, since so much of our goods are either bought directly from or was brought in through the UK.

Anonymous X

Citizen
It's having a pretty bad effect in Ireland too, since so much of our goods are either bought directly from or was brought in through the UK.
Sorry about that. Really feel bad (even as a 100% Remain voter) about how the island of Ireland is being affected by all of this, while Ireland didn’t want or vote for it.

Anonymous X

Citizen
My sympathy for all the anti-Brexit people in the UK who now have to suffer the consequences they saw coming.
Unfortunately, there’s no-one with any power on our side. Labour is just as pro-Brexit as the Tories now, and basically have become nationalistic conservatives, they blamed the fuel crisis on having been in the EU (plus the unions that fund Labour don’t want freedom of movement and workers from EU countries living here).

Last edited:

Nevermore

Citizen
Well, one thing's for sure - if you have a shortage of truck drivers, it might be a good idea to think about paying them better so more people might want to do the job...

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Well, one thing's for sure - if you have a shortage of truck drivers, it might be a good idea to think about paying them better so more people might want to do the job...
Much like whats going on in republican controlled states in the US: despite the benefits of NOT forcing people to work for slave wages, they would still rather force people to work for slave wages.

Because you apparently can't have a government without psychopaths and sadists...

Top Bottom