UK politics thread – it just keeps on getting worse

NovaSaber

Citizen
"Bring your questions. Let's talk. NOW BELIEVE."

That is how apologetics tends to work in practice, but it's rare to see it escalate so sharply.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I wonder if that's the cult brainwashing trick I saw explained on Twitter once.
"Hey, new recruit, welcome to our family. Now stand in this and shout this ludicrous material at people so they will join too."
[New recruit does so, general public reacts with bewilderment and terror.]
"See new recruit? No one else understands you but us."

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Why is the speaker in a penalty box on the back of a pickup?

Like I get the idea behind the truck itself and even the proselytizing, but the red booth bit is naff.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I don't think I've seen Charles II either. The first one was pretty unforgettable, though, if only for what happens at the end (no spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it yet).

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kind of want to see a Charles II movie by the people behind Game of Thrones. They should be able to handle that much sex.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I wonder if this is the first time in the UK's history where the Side Piece (Charles) ended up becoming King?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Charles is not going to make a good king. I think everyone has known that. God knows Elizabeth did, that's why she wouldn't step down even into her 90s.
The best thing for the monarchy would be for him to step back and let William take the helm, but Charles is not a smart man.
But the best thing for the monarchy wouldn't be the best thing for England. Let Chuck here burn through all the goodwill Elizabeth left and let's just see if the UK can finally shed this outdated concept altogether.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
*Looks at Charles' sausage hands*

If those are anything to go by, Charles isn't exactly going to be spending much time on the Throne.

Cyoti

Citizen
Last edited:

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
William's going to be a dangerous king, honestly.

Held up as the poster boy by ultra-nationals, and an ego to fit the narrative by all reports.

Never figured the kid who dressed up as a Nazi would end up being the best of that particular bunch, honestly.

Top Bottom