UK politics thread – it just keeps on getting worse

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
History buffs, I must ask: Is this the shortest length of time they've gone between getting a new prime minister and getting a new monarch?

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I for one am looking forward to some real rows, since Truss is an outspoken skeptic of Climate Change while Charles is an advocate.

Nevermore

Citizen
I for one am looking forward to some real rows, since Truss is an outspoken skeptic of Climate Change while Charles is an advocate.
I know it's the established term, but I always feel like "climate change advocate" sounds like someone who is advocating in favor of climate change, as if it were a goal they want to achieve, rather than something they want to stop.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I know it's the established term, but I always feel like "climate change advocate" sounds like someone who is advocating in favor of climate change, as if it were a goal they want to achieve, rather than something they want to stop.

It felt weird to type it out like that, I 100% agree.

Nevermore

Citizen
History buffs, I must ask: Is this the shortest length of time they've gone between getting a new prime minister and getting a new monarch?
Well, in all fairness, Elizabeth II. set the record for the longest reign of a single person in the history of the British monarchy, surpassing Queen Victoria by a whopping seven years.

Anonymous X

Citizen
E0556C64-D1C7-406E-A3E3-317BE8CBD31D.jpeg

Can’t even go out to the shops in this country without encountering bizarre scene like this.

Nevermore

Citizen
What excactly?

- The "Double Peel" sandwich board?
- The guy with the orange bag wearing his glasses on his forehead?
- The oversized Tardis?
- The UK flag?
- The image of the Colonel above the entrance to the KFC restaurant?
- The true believer on the back of the red truck?

Top Bottom