UK politics thread – it just keeps on getting worse

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
zQxfvRq.jpg

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The UK elects someone who's a tiny bit more competent and we move on back to our march to V for Vendetta.

Ironbite-duh.
So far they seem to be mostly going in the opposite direction. Third time's the charm?

Cradok

Citizen
He's not actually resigned yet, that usually involves saying 'I resign' and ******* off. He's just blathered enough to chase the wolves from the door for a while, probably in the hope that by the time everyone gets their shit together he can weasel into staying on for just a bit longer.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I thought the anti-catholic rules applied to the monarchy, not the Prime Minister, but either way it's a stupid rule from a bygone age.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Someone should tell him that including religion as a reason to deny someone access to participating in democracy is why the united kingdom is collapsing.

Anonymous X

Citizen
The Tory leadership contest seems to consist of the contenders trying to be more anti-Europe, transphobic and economically right-wing than each other.

Also, we’re having a major heatwave tomorrow where temperatures are forecast to reach an unprecedented 40 degrees in parts of Britain, and Tory politicians are queuing up to say “it’s called summer, shut up and enjoy the sunny weather, you weakling snowflakes”.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
That's hot even for the American South. If the Tories are so unconcerned, let them spend 8 hours outside in those temps. See if they change their tunes then(assuming they survive it, that is. Heat stroke is no joke)

Nevermore

Citizen
The Tory leadership contest seems to consist of the contenders trying to be more anti-Europe, transphobic and economically right-wing than each other.

Also, we’re having a major heatwave tomorrow where temperatures are forecast to reach an unprecedented 40 degrees in parts of Britain, and Tory politicians are queuing up to say “it’s called summer, shut up and enjoy the sunny weather, you weakling snowflakes”.
Can corporate paychecks be used as a coolant?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd bet money I don't have that not a single Tory lawmaker leaves their central heating and cooling during the heatwave.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I'm not entirely sure why they were televising debates in the first place. It's not like the general public is going to get any say in who gets the job. Did they do this when May resigned?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They wanted to do it because "politician" and "narcissist" are interchangeable these days.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I'm not entirely sure why they were televising debates in the first place. It's not like the general public is going to get any say in who gets the job. Did they do this when May resigned?
The general public has no say in what's being debated in Congress, but C-SPAN exists anyway.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Yeah. Was a bit weird. I guess it’s reinforcing the idea that the Tory party = British state in some way. Apparently less than 200,000 people are Tory party members, which is a small proportion of a country with seventy million people in it…

Top Bottom