UK politics thread – it just keeps on getting worse

Anonymous X

Citizen
Okay, so... normally I don't do this for politicians, but... I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I think he was literally just trying to make chit-chat and is so far separated from the homeless man's reality that he simply doesn't know how.
Well yes, he’s being completely, hopelessly un-aware rather than outright malicious. Not a good look though, particularly as the man’s also an MP and would have to in their deal with casework from needy constituents. Quite an illustration of how out of touch those at the top are during a time of deepening poverty.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The fact that I can't even say "out of all two of them" speaks volumes already.

Anonymous X

Citizen
5932208F-2FEA-453D-9E0A-E546637CE27A.jpeg

Spotted several of these billboards while out at lunch today. Not ominous at all!

Nevermore

Citizen
Old but unfortunately still relevant:

(Hint: The lyrics are not referring to a person. This is a very political song.)

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen

Debt collectors working on behalf of British Gas broke into vulnerable customers’ homes to “force-fit” pre-pay energy meters, it has emerged.

An investigation revealed that agents were forcibly installing meters when people fell behind on energy bills, even when customers were known to have “extreme vulnerabilities”.

An undercover reporter for the Times worked for debt collecting contractor Arvato Financial Solutions and accompanied agents who used court warrants to gain entry into customers’ homes.

Once it was clear the property was unoccupied, the reporter accompanied a locksmith who forced their way in and install a prepayment meter. It reported that the locksmith said: “This is the exciting bit. I love this bit.”

Anonymous X

Citizen
Looks like the next First Minister of Scotland will be a member of the conservative wing of the SNP, someone who doesn’t like childbirth out of marriage, wants to outlaw abortion and opposes rights for LGBT people.

Glitch

Citizen
Not in the north of England or Scotland either but we haven't seen irregular empty shelves/bays either these past few years despite the news.

Top Bottom