Tweet embeds?

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Not sure if this is a lever that's switchable on Allspark side or not, but I recall earlier on that using the media inserter on tweets would embed them - now it just shows links. Is that something that can be switched back? (I halfway expect it to have been something Twitter did, since it feels like every other week they muck with something that screws with auto-previews in discord...)

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
No, though I am using Firefox, and I do have a similar issue on another site, now that I think about it. I haven't been able to figure out what exactly with Firefox isn't playing nice with Twitter embeds. I've tried disabling all my plugins/using troubleshoot mode, so I know it's not them.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Ah, it was Firefox's built-in tracking protections going too strong. Glad I finally figured that out, but mad it took me this long.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Interesting. I use Firefox and have encountered the same issue with twitter embeds, but only in private windows. Maybe there's more than one setting that can cause this.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I'm guessing you've got your Enhanced Tracking Protection settings different than I had mine - I had mine on Strict overall, which is probably running Diet Private Windows in practice. Toggling it off for here and the other site that was giving me issues sorted it out, tho.

The Phazer

Citizen
I tried to embed a Facebook post the other day and was told that embedding FB videos wasn't supported even though FB is listed as one of the sites.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not sure what the cause is but I noticed if I post a URL link it just makes it a link, but if I edit the post it shows this:
mediatwitter.PNG

Without making any changes whatsoever and hitting save seems to convert it into an embed.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Top Bottom