Tutant Meenage Neetle Teetles

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
a02da09f-ac5e-4083-add9-aaa1fbabd08b-jpeg.677

4337d41f-e174-444d-8d66-09cd17f3ba75-jpeg.678

I just didn't want us to be the only Crystal City subforum without this thread.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
@CoffeeHorse So I found a bluejay who seems injured in my backyard. No visible injuries. Let my dog out, didn't see the jay on the porch. Dog gave him a sniff and he hopped to the back of the yard. I left some food for him and checked back after a few hours. He's still there. He hops away from me but is having trouble flying. I reached out to a songbird rescue group and am waiting to hear back. I don't have a sturdy enough container to keep him in right now, plus two cats indoors... Any other advice you can give me? Can't really take him anywhere right now due to work.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Didn't see him when I checked during my break. A squirrel and bunny ran off, though. I'm hoping that he just ate too many apples (there's a ton of rotten ones on the ground). I'll have a better look during my lunch break.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
He was pretty big. I do have cardboard boxes, but it would still be dangerous w/ our cats unless we locked him in a room. But in any case, I didn't see him during my lunch break either. Hopefully he got away.

Attachments

• IMG_20211007_133511171.jpg
    IMG_20211007_133511171.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 62

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Poor thing.

It might have gotten away. Years ago I rescued a young white winged dove that seemingly couldn't fly yet, but the next day it suddenly flew just fine.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
im just going on experience ive had with sparrows, but that fluff on him makes me think hes a fledge. probably took off from the nest, couldn't make it and needed a minitue or two to get his streangth up to try and fly again.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Hmm. I would have thought it was a bit late in the season for fledglings. He was really attentive, though. When I left some birdseed out for him, I tossed some sunflower seeds at him and every time he would watch the seeds, then look at me.

Top Bottom