Trophies For Your Achievements

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So, yes, I know, trophy hunters suck and anyone who gives a rats ass about getting a trophy/achievement should be simultaneously ridiculed and pitied...mostly ridiculed. But hey, you know, once you get that first platinum (wasn't really gunning for it except you were only a couple easy trophies off of your first platinum and you were sick at the time with nothing else to do), there's that darn dopemine rush that just makes you want to push just slightly more for the followup platinums.

So anyway, the only thing these things are really good for is bragging rights. So...you know...do your bragging here.

BTW, my screen name is Caldwin on PSN if you want to friend me and verify this.

8 total Platinums *

Stanley Parable
My Little Pony: Maritime Bay Adventure
Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition
Astro's Playroom
* Ghost of Tsushima PS5 (unlocked after updating from the PS4 version)*
Ghost of Tsushima PS4
Cyberpunk 2077
Final Fantasy XV (My first one that started me on this slippery slope)

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’ve got maybe 3 Platinum trophies on PSN and I’m knocking it down one since two practically are the same game.

Spider-Man (PS4)
Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)
Metagals (wasn’t even trying, I beat one level)

And I’m one achievement away from completing Miles Morales on both PS4 & 5. Just can’t get the 100 hit combo. Any time I get close I take out the last guy too soon.

Caldwin

Citizen
I’m knocking it down one since two practically are the same game.

That's why I put an asterisk by Ghost of Tsushima. The trophies all popped when I upgraded GoT from PS4 to PS5. It didn't feel right not at least including an asterisk.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can't think of many games I've 100% completed without cheating. It's fun until the achievements start getting a little too hard or downright esoteric.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The only game I've gotten all the achievements for so far is Jazzpunk, and I feel that says more about the game than it does about me.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Only console game I've done it on is PS4 Ghost of Tsushima, prior to the DLC.

As for PC, just a couple, though SRW30 will join them soonish once I'm done with my second run.

1655386689443.png

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
...And here I thought we were going to be talking about these...
1655395786202.png

(No, I don't pretend these are anything impressive)

Caldwin

Citizen
I'll be honest, I completely forgot about those the moment I unlocked the last one.

Caldwin

Citizen
So, you want a cheap $2 platinum that you can earn in less than 10 minutes and tastes like shame? Check out Black Death: A Tragic Dirge.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
I think there should be an asterisk * by Trophy hunters suck.

Okay I get it if you are buying cheap and easy games for the SOLE PURPOSE of getting Trophies and trying to get as many platinum ones as you can.

On the OTHER hand. If I'm enjoying the hell out of a game and I decide I want to get all the Trophies because I'm having fun. Well then bleep you, I'm going to do it.

That being said I've actually only got two Platinum Trophies I can think of.

Astro's Rescue Mission (Not Playroom. This is the VR game.)

Resident Evil 3: Remake

I'd have to boot my system up to see if I have any others, but I doubt it.

I should get Resident Evil 5 for my PS4 and get them all in there. Back on the 360 (Not including the stupid multiplayer stuff) I got all the achievements. That includes the ones for the two DLC/extra missions. I freaking love that game.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm going to admit, I only got that $2 Black Death game for the platinum. I don't usually do that, but a saw a video on it On YouTube, it was only $2 and I had a few minutes to waste.

But to be clear, that first paragraph in my original post was not my point of view, but what I've heard other people say. I really couldn't care less if you're platinum obsessed or think trophies are the bane of gaming. It's your money, your play time, your prerogative.

My own play style, I typically just do a playthrough however I care to, maybe get an easy trophy that's not too far out of the way here and there, but mostly just getting through the game.

Once I've finished the game, if it was a game I particularly enjoyed, I'll go through the trophy list, pick off the easy ones and see where that leaves me.

If there's trophies that:

1. require multi-player either online or offline

2. require multiple play throughs

3. require certain difficulty settings

4. require deft manipulation of the controls I'm just not capable of

I don't even try for it. As many times as I've gone through the entire Mass Effect Trilogy.,,it should probably say something that I only have a platinum in 2.

Sjogre

Citizen
Yeah, I don't touch multiplayer, so achievos that require it are out of the question.

Aside from that, I don't like to leave games at less than fifty percent, but there's plenty of games where I get past that and get moving. I've platinumed more than a few, but that requires a combination of really liking the game and none of the achievements requiring too much bullshit.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
And now I can add Astro's Playroom to my list of platinums. Only thing I haven't done doesn't count toward it, and that's the seven minute speed run thing.

Top Bottom