Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So, far everything I'm hearing is posstive, I plan to try and see the film on my next day off, when some of the rush has died down and I got a better sense of what the general view is from REAL people, can't trust the sites like RT or IMDB, because they been croupted by the big companies and would rather alter the naratives to try and make themselves look good despite the fact the films they seek to protect are likely trash fires!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It was a different land: Sarasaland, a different princess: Princess Daisy and a different villain: Tatanga.
Indeed. My wife and I were discussing that part after, and the most reasonable assumption is that Tatanga is so obscure that if they'd gone for accuracy, they might as well not have even made the reference at all.

...which, for the record, I hate. Boo on you, Nintendo! Super Mario Land was great! DO SOMETHING with it!!!

ZacDeath

WWOPD
Citizen
I was disappointed in the movie, the Maximals could have transformed more, it was a blink and you miss the transformation. Airrazer never even attempted, and she had the most screen time and dialogue. I don't know about the villains, it seems like the Decepticons from the other movies were alot scarier than the Terrorcons. Maybe I am just desensitized to big scary robots now.

wentwood

Citizen
I had watched all 6 movies but this will be my first time to see all 6 together start to finish.

It'll be interesting to see how the big screen story comes together.

However Bumblebee may throw me a bit when they go back to the 1980s.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It'll be interesting to see how the big screen story comes together.
I'll spoil it for ya:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And when you realize they just dumped all "plot threads" after Last Knight
giphy.gif

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That's, uh, kind of a spoiler.

Too much Energon on the planet, they had to remain in beast mode.
In this movie's case, however, raw energon is inert and harmless, rather than being uber-radioactive and volatile like how it was in Beast Wars.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Didn't Super Mario Land 2 introduce Wario?
This is correct. It would've been roughly two years old at this point, give or take.

My wife and I brought that up, too; she figured maybe most audiences today wouldn't know Wario as a straight-up big boss villain, rather than the greedy protag/anti-hero he's tended to be cast as since.

Glitch

Citizen
Be cool if there was another version on home media

Extra scenes with dialogue explaining the Maximals are the last of the Transformers from the future who fled Unicrons wrath and created a life on a distant world.
That Unicron is the same from The Last Knight which emerged from Earth in the process, destroyed the human race and Cybertron and enslaved both Autobots and Decepticons into Terrorcons.
That Scourge is the Bayverse Optimus Prime twisted into that form and some more interactions between the Terrorcons, they were lacking in that area.
If not some supplementary material giving the Autobots, Maximals and Terrorcons some backstory wouldn't go amiss like a comic, motion comic, or short or something.
It's not that the film is bad, it just has all the right ingredients yet lacks something.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Be cool if there was another version on home media

Extra scenes with dialogue explaining the Maximals are the last of the Transformers from the future who fled Unicrons wrath and created a life on a distant world.
That Unicron is the same from The Last Knight which emerged from Earth in the process, destroyed the human race and Cybertron and enslaved both Autobots and Decepticons into Terrorcons.
That Scourge is the Bayverse Optimus Prime twisted into that form and some more interactions between the Terrorcons, they were lacking in that area.
If not some supplementary material giving the Autobots, Maximals and Terrorcons some backstory wouldn't go amiss like a comic, motion comic, or short or something.
It's not that the film is bad, it just has all the right ingredients yet lacks something.

Fascinating, and a fitting end for the Bayverse, if ever there was one. Although it doesn't explain why Unicron was starting to eat Earth, if Earth is indeed his own past self.

And let's be honest, it's not that far a throw from Bayverse's Optimus "Give Me Your Face!" Prime to Scourge, except perhaps that Scourge seems more intelligent and a tad less bloodthirsty. That backstory for Scourge would kind give his comment to Optimus during their first encounter a little more depth:

"I enjoy that look of confusion. When an inferior being meets a higher power."

That said, I"ll be just as happy if no future film ever references the Bayverse movies again. Rather than trying to create a hole in this new trilogy that would somehow fit that cesspool of a continuity in like a mutated puzzle piece, something simpler would be preferable. Given the wasteful, seemingly endless war between Autobots and Decepticons, it's entirely believable that they'd eventually destroy Cybertron in the future all on their own, or weaken it to the point where it's easy pickings for Unicron. A small group of survivors could have discovered the Transwarp Key in Cybertron's final days and fled to a distant galaxy, ultimately adopting a pacifist philosophy and evolving into the Maximals.

In the sequel, perhaps we could discover that another group of survivors also escaped, but without the benefit of the Transwarp Key had to scrape and struggle along until they were distant enough to be safe from Unicron. These could be the Predacons.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Fascinating, and a fitting end for the Bayverse, if ever there was one. Although it doesn't explain why Unicron was starting to eat Earth, if Earth is indeed his own past self.
Perhaps consuming his past self wouldn't kill himself, but would instead result in a fusion between the two, creating a more powerful version of Unicron.

tbh it's more like they dropped the bayverse as a whole.
Not quite. The movie had numerous little moments that certainly felt like they were meant to remind the audience of things from the Bay movies.

Glitch

Citizen
They could explain that by upping the stakes from Unicron is Earth to Unicron is the universe for the next film by saying he battled Primus 'before time began' and his destruction led to the creation of the universe, his parts were scattered by the expansion and he's trying to piece himself together again.[/spoilers]

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Ugh, can we not with the “Scourge is Bayverse Prime” anymore? It was a random-ass fan theory that was summarily disproven by the movie. I’m not putting this in spoilers tags because I’m not saying what happened, I’m saying what didn’t happen that was just a random thing someone said somewhere that has absolutely no canon nor authorial intent in relation to it whatsoever.

Because Scourge is actually…

Ultron!!
😋

Anyway. That being said…

Can we PLEASE talk about:

- Apelinq!

- What the eff type of Transformer is Mirage in that he can shed excess body mass when injured and go into stasis lock like that WHILE combin with a human!!?

- Goddamnit they did my girl Airazor dirty. 😭😭😭. But… do y’all think that Energon surge would have revived her too? It did Bee, and he was long dead at that point. And Bee was just as “Scourge-touched” as she was.

G.I. JOE! Who got faked out and thought it was Sector 7?

They did my girl Nightbird dirty too. She barely had any personality or speaking time.

Rhinox also didn’t have a speaking role even though he had a voice actor listed.🫤

Lobjob

Citizen
This was a good movie. Everything made sense, no random meanderings or out of place wonkiness, several character arcs and lots of emotional pay off.

It was a movie with a singular vision that despite the characters and concepts involved, was surprisingly focused.

I liked it.

There were some lore bits I wish we would have doven in to a *little* more, but that's me being greedy. Overall it was a great solid blockbuster. I'll probably be seeing it again.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
BOM is estimating around $60.5 million opening weekend. Though I’m not sure if that counts the additional 12-ish it garnered through Thursday screenings, which would land it a VERY solid $70 million or so opening.

If word of mouth is strong, I could see a $150-200 million domestic haul, despite the HEAVY competition.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It would seem that "Burning Plasma Cheetor" might also be available at Amazon Japan, with purchases of the "not quite MP ROTB Optimus Primal". This was also (kind of) sliced to at the Takara Tomy Mall site (but links there didn't really show Cheetor as included). As also shown in photos above/on previous pages, Cheetor might also be available in Toys R Us, etc for those that spend ¥5,000 or more on ROTB toys.

I think Amazon Japan ships internationally though?

Here's the link:

- https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0C73KFKLS/ref=zg_bsnr_3307840051_sccl_1/356-8290886-7165231?psc=1

Primal.png

Top Bottom