Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wouldn't want that to be the ONLY option, but I do love buying tinier versions of things.

Same. Back around the Prime and third movie lines, we were seeing some neat stuff like that in the Cyberverse scale (before some numb nuts decided, "hey, let's name our cartoon after that!").

But something where your main characters like Optimus and Megatron can have forces that form giants who are actually giant compared to them, Titans are truly titanic, and there are ships and bases they can actually occupy?

Yeah, I'd love a line built around that. Not saying they have to do it forever afterwards, this franchise doesn't work that way, but for a series? That could be some fun stuff.

As it is, my biggest problem with stuff like the Ark and Fortress Maximus is there's nothing to actually do inside of them! They're more jungle gyms and setpieces than anything the little guys can meaningfully interact with.

Yeah, I mean keep like Generations etc going, but testing the waters for a year where the kids line is a Micro play pattern line rather than "G1 in this art style"? That'd be fun. Sort of like Micro Machines now but with converting and with base/ship-looking playsets. This can be flanked by their usual other products like one-steps and whatnot, which are mostly reissues anyway.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I got a 3rd well-loved (read: old and half-busted, but it has all the floors and the elevator works) Guardian Command Center recently, and Haywire 3, who's 4-1/2, loves it! Look at the kids aisles, there are still tons of playsets and vehicle/bases there for Paw Patrol, Spidey and Friends, Batman, Bluey, etc. Maybe if Hasbro didn't have pretentions of Transformers being mostly a collectors line, they might try making it be a TOYLINE again and find out that kids might actually play with these TOYS! (Insert appropriate Tom Hanks line here)
Yes, there will be fans who pooh-pooh the "kiddie stuff", but it seems like there are a lot of us who kind of miss the days when Transformers were toys first, collectors item second (if at all).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, I mean keep like Generations etc going, but testing the waters for a year where the kids line is a Micro play pattern line rather than "G1 in this art style"? That'd be fun. Sort of like Micro Machines now but with converting and with base/ship-looking playsets. This can be flanked by their usual other products like one-steps and whatnot, which are mostly reissues anyway.
Sounds very familiar...

89micromaster_catalog.jpg

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Well we did just get Micromaster bases during Earthrise with connection ramps, but I get what your saying if Hasbro made them for kids and not online collector exclusives and not the half transforming things that often clog shelves, maybe they'd be successful with kids.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't blame Hasbro for not doing it. The DOTM Ark shelfwarmed hard, as did a lot of the TFPrime stuff. Though in the latter's case I'm sure it didn't help that the show wasn't very accessible to kids.

I like bases but I'm not sure what the winning formula is.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I don't blame Hasbro for not doing it. The DOTM Ark shelfwarmed hard, as did a lot of the TFPrime stuff. Though in the latter's case I'm sure it didn't help that the show wasn't very accessible to kids.

I like bases but I'm not sure what the winning formula is.
There's a difference between a "base", like Castle Grayskull, and random bits of plastic smooshed together to make a thing, like the DOTM Ark.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not to mention, wasn't the Ark on shelves alongside bigger, more detailed, cooler figures and stuff?

Incidentally, I wanted to grab the Ark, because of course, but wasn't able to afford it at the time.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was thinking about grabbing the Ark when it was out to use for kit-bashing, but never did.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I debated getting it, if only to have something for my Mini-Cons to play around in. Now, however, with various Titans and the updated Micromaster bases, I don't feel bad on skipping it.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Currently it's just the beast Battle Master partners I can afford. And I've got my eye on Skullcruncher to start.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I told someone here that I would take a picture of an average toy department's Transformers display. This is one at a small Aeon shop near me.

IMG_20230504_151737.jpg

They only had two toys for sale. Either they didn't have a lot of stock to begin with or quickly ran out of what little stock they originally bought. This is usually how most toy shops for Transformers (unless it's a special promotion, like the first wave of a film tie-in line, like this).

Top Bottom