Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

RichardT519

Citizen
The only Core toy I've seen at Walmart is Voyager Prime. I don't know if that's because that's all they're getting initially, or because other people always snatch up the Primals before I can get there.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Because the new trailer has me feeling froggy…I’m going to try and predict the remaining RotB products for the end of the year. Given how Hasbro has handled prior films across multiple lines, I’m not expecting more than one more wave of most assortments. Repaints will likely be relegated to retailer exclusivity, though “running changes” are fair game (I still hope that Hasbro running changes Core Voyager Primal to either sporting the gold paint deco, a “charcoal” base color rather than “ash grey”, or both). Optimus Primal and Nightbird are the only Core figures I’m hoping to see changes on, both NEED them more than the others, IMO.

So, let’s see how overly optimistic I am:
Core Deluxe- The only characters missing that would fit here would be Battletrap and Arcee. That’s ASSUMING a third wave appears in this assortment. If Hasbro needed a third figure, Bumblebee was seen in the recent trailer sporting his Battlemask, I presume that would be a safe option to round out the assortment. Looking at prior efforts in this style, the average looks to be between 6-9 figures over the course of a year. And I’m not expecting RotB to roll into next year with another new movie line due next spring.
Core Voyager- About the only character left is Scourge. I would be SHOCKED if a Voyager Scourge didn’t make it out in this segment.

Beast Alliance:
Battlemaster- Primal is confirmed for wave 2 and Airrazor popped up in retailer listings. A safe third wave would be Arrowstriope (as Tigatron?), Chainclaw, and Sandspear sporting new names and deco.
Battle Changers- With wave 2 being Mirage and Scourge, I’m leaning to the final batch being Nightbird, Optimus Primal, and Wheeljack
Weaponizers- Going with the broad trend I’m seeing in Beast Alliance, I’m guessing the third wave will be Mirage (got to make use of that Porsche license!), Scourge, and Bumblebee. Bumblebee is a certainty, IMO. It’s a flip between the other two
Combiners- I’m certain I saw listing for Mirage. And again, he’s being positioned as the new kid appeal character and has a major car license attached. The easy alternative would be Wheeljack, but I could see another Terrorcon in here as a dark horse listing.

The only other thing I see getting a new entry would be the transforming Masks. Optimus Prime seems like an easy option, and could be something to be carried over into Transformers ONE.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
So since Unicron's a thing do we get Studio Series 125 titan class Unicron or Rise of the Beasts supreme class Unicron (Armada repaint/retool).
Cybertron's Deluxe Unicron was a fun toy.

I'd really really like Hasbro to do Deluxe-ish sized Titan-types. A lot of the bigger figures don't need to be that big for their transformation or whatever, and could easily be simplified and shrunken down.

Remember when "micro-play" was a thing? Good times.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Sadly, that Armada Unicron mold has been reused so many times that time and wear have finally caught up to it. The last release, Encore Green Unicron, can barely hold itself together.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Sadly, that Armada Unicron mold has been reused so many times that time and wear have finally caught up to it. The last release, Encore Green Unicron, can barely hold itself together.

Well its like twenty odd years old now, so its time for a new mold for mass retail, thou I think the reason we don't see many encore releases of G1 toys these days is that the molds are beyond use and worn out, thou we don't really see many of the later toys of the post G1 times get reused, Example, in the last year we only begun seeing reissues of the Beast Wars toys

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Well its like twenty odd years old now, so its time for a new mold for mass retail, thou I think the reason we don't see many encore releases of G1 toys these days is that the molds are beyond use and worn out, thou we don't really see many of the later toys of the post G1 times get reused, Example, in the last year we only begun seeing reissues of the Beast Wars toys
And many of those aren’t even the original 90s molds, at least not completely.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Cybertron's Deluxe Unicron was a fun toy.

I'd really really like Hasbro to do Deluxe-ish sized Titan-types. A lot of the bigger figures don't need to be that big for their transformation or whatever, and could easily be simplified and shrunken down.

Remember when "micro-play" was a thing? Good times.

For years I've wanted them to pivot to micro play and give us base bots at the Voyager and Leader price points, and a non-converting Titan class Lost Light that opens up into different bases and suites.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
For years I've wanted them to pivot to micro play and give us base bots at the Voyager and Leader price points, and a non-converting Titan class Lost Light that opens up into different bases and suites.

I wouldn't want that to be the ONLY option, but I do love buying tinier versions of things.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think the price hike for Titans is finally catching up to them. I mean, over here, Titan Cybertron Metroplex is down to under £100 and the Guardian robot on about half its price.

in my local toy store, is saw a load of the ROTB smash changers, those armour bots, the weapon beasts, deluxe mainline Airrazor and, randomly, Buzzworthy Dinobot. Nothing else though

As to the film, having be the overarching threat could be interesting, if done well. I am at least glad we’re back to hell planet Unicron and not Unicron is Earth. It’ll be interesting to see how the Maximals play out against the bots. Also, here’s hoping at least Scourge survives the film, because, well, it would be nice to have a recurring villain.

Also also. Two weird things that have been buzzing around is that they deliberately tried to move away from ‘Autobots Vs Decepticons’ because that’s overdone apparently?

That and the really off the wall theory that Scourge is a reprogrammed evil bayverse Prime.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That and the really off the wall theory that Scourge is a reprogrammed evil bayverse Prime.
That's mostly inspired from how Nemesis Prime was a reprogrammed Optimus Prime from a dark future ruled by Unicron in the Netflix Kingdom cartoon.

Some are suspecting this film to have some plot similarities with that show, all in the name of Hasbro wanting a more consistent broad-strokes lore across the various film and TV series.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hmm. A dark future Prime kinda works. I think it was the additional theory of it being a reprogrammed Prime from the bayverse timeline. Although I guess I could kindof see that timeline having a very dark ending.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hmm. A dark future Prime kinda works. I think it was the additional theory of it being a reprogrammed Prime from the bayverse timeline. Although I guess I could kindof see that timeline having a very dark ending.
I mean, Unicron was on his way to functionality in TLK, with a cliffhanger hinting that he's still coming.

And the Optimus in this movie is still that same Optimus from Movie 1/ROTF/DOTM/AOE/TLK.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Hasbro or Lorenzo? ;)

Anyone else feel a sense of deja vu? Here we are, looking at another writer's strike and here's another Transformers movie that looks like a hot mess of random plot points and characters.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It is kinda funny, and sad. Especially since this is pretty much the second movie in the soft reboot timeline TF films. But you are dead right. None of the bayverse movies had any real major continuity as such. I mean, in very broad strokes they did, except when the writers wanted a new plot hook that basically contradicted what came before.

The first three bayverse movies at least hold together, kindof. Then AOE and TLK just progressively went of the rails.

Put that way, the idea of Scourge being a corrupted version of the Optimus Prime from those films timeline… is still preposterous. But the idea is something they would latch onto.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Same. Back around the Prime and third movie lines, we were seeing some neat stuff like that in the Cyberverse scale (before some numb nuts decided, "hey, let's name our cartoon after that!").

But something where your main characters like Optimus and Megatron can have forces that form giants who are actually giant compared to them, Titans are truly titanic, and there are ships and bases they can actually occupy?

Yeah, I'd love a line built around that. Not saying they have to do it forever afterwards, this franchise doesn't work that way, but for a series? That could be some fun stuff.

As it is, my biggest problem with stuff like the Ark and Fortress Maximus is there's nothing to actually do inside of them! They're more jungle gyms and setpieces than anything the little guys can meaningfully interact with.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
That was one play pattern Go-Bots had figured out early:

1985tonkacatalogcommand.jpeg

Top Bottom