Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Remember how fast WB tried to jump to Justice League? I feel like we don't get to make fun of them anymore. Paramount's going straight from Bumblebee to this.
To be fair, there was already five films of "This" before the Bumblebee movie, so a new overstuffed movie noisemaker film is more of a return to form.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
The first film was absolutely overstuffed. It had 13 different cybertronian characters, the majority of which get little to no characterization or screentime. On top of that, you have the Shia subplot, the military subplot, the hacker subplot (that goes NOWHERE)... It's just all done in a semi-cohesive manner so it's not as apparent as future movies.

They unfortunately get even more stuffed as time goes on.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
People complain about the continuity snarls in the films; meanwhile, the G1 cartoon couldn't decide on how the origins of Megatron and the Constructicons were related...

Not surprising that people have different expectations between a cheap cartoon from the 80's meant entirely to sell toys, and and a series of modern blockbusters with budgets in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, you got to have more villains for them to fight, so throw in some Terrorcons and Unicron as their master. I wonder if we get a reformatting scene in this film too?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, you got to have more villains for them to fight, so throw in some Terrorcons and Unicron as their master. I wonder if we get a reformatting scene in this film too?
You mean, where a potentially, already ruined Bayverse film is transformed into something worth watching? ;)

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
One rumor I heard is that the film will be about the same duration as Bumblebee. So, even if it sucks, at least it won’t give people time to linger assuming it keeps a good pace with the action sequences.
Hell, I’m half able to assemble the plot from these two trailers:

Opens with an Optimus narration about finding refuge on Earth and Transit gets sacrificed to the action film gods. We move to Noah and Elena working at a museum and accidentally trigger a trans warp key, leading to the introduction of the Terrocon Trio coming to Earth. Mirage brings Noah to BB and Prime because of the Cybertronian artifact, leading to them going to the museum and the initial attack by the Terrorcons and Airrazor gets involved. The Terrorcons get the key and leave, leaving the Autobots to muster themselves and their allies and head down to South America to track the rest.
They get harassed by Terrorcons until the Maximals interfere, leading to a “meeting of the minds” where Primal gives an exposition dump about Unicron and the Terrorcons. A few more bits of the Terrorcons getting more keys leading to them activating Predacons as fodder to keep the Autobots and Maximals occupied at a space bridge while Unicron is called. A big battle later, bad guys defeated, and a tease that Unicron isn’t done yet.
And I’m betting it will be revealed that Scourge is a reformatted Optimus Prime, and the Terrorcons are reformatted Autobots and Decepticons from before Unicron consumed Cybertron.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Also, got a question for those in the US…
Are you guys able to find the Core Deluxe (NOT the 3 pack) and Core Voyager figures anywhere besides Walmart?

I’m wondering if Walmart got an early exclusivity deal with the Core Assortments, like they did with the Avengers Mechasaurs line. That line is exclusive to Walmart until the fall. That might go to explain why we haven’t been able to get these figures online.

Top Bottom