PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Zombodroid_17042023043658.jpg
Zombodroid_17042023043638.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm not entirely unconvinced that there hasn't been some sort of running change on the Voyager Optimus Primal figure. I keep seeing more recent images (like the above with the Battlemaster ) that looks "better" by virtue of stronger contrast between the base plastic and silver highlights. And then I look at the one at my local Walmart which remains an amorphous blob of grey.

Either there is a running change, or that plastic is REALLY light sensitive.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Revealed is another entry in the Beast Combiners segment: Optimus Prime with Lionblade!

The BW2 love (or Brave vibes) is dripping here. I really dig what is going on with that. Of all the characters, Prime's design probably plays best with the standardized nature of the Combiner Character figures. Prime also looks a little fresher by simply opting to contrast the blue and red with some black, rather than grey. Plus, the Lion partner offers some really compelling weapon features.
Also, ELBOWS! Prime is the first Combiner figure to seemingly feature elbows!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So I picked up my first RotB figures, the Beast Alliance weapon dudes, can't wait to get these out and play with them! But, I'm wondering if these figures would be available for redecos in something like Generations Selects? They wouldn't have the vehicular licensing issues of the regular movie Bots and Cons, but if they're concepts developed for the movie, there might still be licensing restrictions anyway? I only wonder because these would be great potential updates for Action Master partners, Breast partners, etc, IF Hasbro can use them outside of movie tie-in lines. Otherwise, I have to hope they can sneak the redecos I want into the RotB line...

Attachments

• 20230417_181311.jpg
    20230417_181311.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 93

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
So I picked up my first RotB figures, the Beast Alliance weapon dudes, can't wait to get these out and play with them! But, I'm wondering if these figures would be available for redecos in something like Generations Selects? They wouldn't have the vehicular licensing issues of the regular movie Bots and Cons, but if they're concepts developed for the movie, there might still be licensing restrictions anyway? I only wonder because these would be great potential updates for Action Master partners, Breast partners, etc, IF Hasbro can use them outside of movie tie-in lines. Otherwise, I have to hope they can sneak the redecos I want into the RotB line...
I’m not about to hold my breath. The general vibe I’ve gotten over the past few years is that there are two sides at Hasbro: The Collector Crew, and Kids crew. And it feels like the two sides don’t really…”interact” with each other.
I feel it’s FAR more likely that the Collector design crew would make some sort of special accessory set for the Action Master characters than reuse the Beast Battle Masters.

Hell, even within the line itself? Wave 2 Weaponizers (Wheeljack and Arcee) are being packed with “redecos” of Rhinox and Cheetor…which are hardly changed from their original release. And I’m not confident in the general length of the line. I figure we got 3 waves, total, of Battlemasters and the same for Weaponizers.

Barring any retailer exclusive things (which is entirely possible), I’m not expecting a particularly diverse range to the Battlemasters. I’m just crossing my fingers that the Beast Alliance “Play Pattern” is going to continue into next year’s Transformers Zero film, so we MIGHT get some new Battlemasters, even if they are vehicle based.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm having trouble keeping track of all of these, but a few minutes of looking at lists should do the trick.

It'll be easier than AFFORDING the ones I want, given how prices have stabilized at high levels, so it'll be slow acquisition regardless.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't been to any retail stores in the last 2 weeks to see if any displays are up in my area (Indianapolis). I will probably be doing some shopping at Target and Walmart this week though so I'll keep an eye out.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Wheeljack is an easy pass for me, thou its odd that the wind screen has holes in it, combine that with the details below and there is a weird face that looks a little creepy!

Top Bottom