Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Target today had some of the Weapon Beasts and the Buzzworthy Three Pack.

Sadly they had 3 Weapon Cheetors, 1 Weapon Rhinox and no Gators. I really wanted the gator.

-ZacWilliam, I grabbed the Rhinox in case someone ever makes an updated Skyfall. I like him.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Images from Canada for Weaponizer wave 2, which, thus far, features Wheeljack with Rhinox

Rhinox has different deco and some different secondary plastic colors. Different, but not astoundingly so. But it does give hope that other Weaponizer offerings like Aerostripe and Chainclaw being given alternative release venues for those…unimpressed…with the other figure.

I believe there are listings for Mirage, Arcee and Scourge in this assortment as well.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I like the looks of this Wheeljack figure; maybe not as Wheeljack, but it looks like a fun transformer toy!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Weaponiser Wheeljack & Rhinox.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Some confirmations and details from today's Fan Stream:
Studio Series Voyager Rhinox confirmed.
Buzzworthy Studio Series RotB Voyager Optimus Prime confirmed. Stated that it started as a partial (retool) and apparently grew beyond that so...we'll see.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
So, in typical Walmart fashion, many have said “screw that” to “street dates” and new movie toys are popping up everywhere. Reminder that the “official” release day is Monday, but YMMV with your local retailer(s).

Something I have noticed with images of the Voyager Core Optimus Primal: seems his plastic is very “light reactive”, in that the spotlight flashes we’ve seen, it has “washed out” the color of the toy. In “natural lighting”, his black and silver is far more distinctive, more like the Weaponizer version. Seems to be true of Prime as well.
That said, I would still have loved to see him sport that bronze instead of the silver. To hell with movie accuracy.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Sure would be nice to have some of that silver on the actual toy. Jesus but the beast toys are very plain.

Lobjob

Citizen
I'm really hoping Hasbro's got some saucy repaints lined up for these boys and gal, because that's where they'll really shine. They are great toys.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I'm really hoping Hasbro's got some saucy repaints lined up for these boys and gal, because that's where they'll really shine. They are great toys.
I’m not sure I’ll be buying much at launch because of that. It FEELS like there is some real “hype” around this product line, and my hope is that we got a solid slate of exclusives to come this year.

If nothing else, I’ve seen enough stuff get marked down after I paid full price to exercise a bit more patience.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen

So, according to information gained from Silver Optimus, Akiko Wada’s “toy mode” is based on an unseen “Ultimate Optimus Primal” toy, possibly from the Beast Alliance segment.
If Hasbro is still using similar naming monikers as they have been…this could be something akin to the Cyberverse Ultimate Class, which were typically 10-12” figures with some sort of action feature. Notable is that the images show the hands are completely different in design:
Right hand has a simple hinge for opening the palm, while the left is larger with an extra hinge. Both hinges on the left have a full pin. Not to mention the ass of kibble visible.
Makes me think the gimmick could be some sort of “power grab” feature with the hand.

If pricing is comparable to prior trends, this figure could retail for $35-ish, which would place it in a sweet spot between the $20 BA Combiners and the Beast Mode Bumblebee at $50.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I’m not sure I’ll be buying much at launch because of that. It FEELS like there is some real “hype” around this product line, and my hope is that we got a solid slate of exclusives to come this year.

If nothing else, I’ve seen enough stuff get marked down after I paid full price to exercise a bit more patience.
Same vibe. Plus there's just too much coming out at once, and prices have remained high enough to keep it prohibitive.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
New toys coming out.

Image of Transformers Rise Of The Beasts  Beast-mode Optimus Prime (11)__scaled_600.jpg
Image of Transformers Rise Of The Beasts  Beast-mode Optimus Prime (12)__scaled_600.jpg

Jazz.jpg

Bots.jpg

Scourge & Scorponok.jpg

Scourge.jpg

Meanwhile, in Japan, the Japanese entertainment site, Cinema Today, has publised news of the "Transformers: Beast Awakening" (Aka: - "Rise Of The Beasts") film exclusive.

Customers who pre-order tickets for Beast Awakening on the 19th of May, will receive an limited edition bonus 'transforming' (possibly lenticular) acrylic stand featuring Optimus Primal.

Transformers / Beast Awakening Optimus Primal's appearance after transformation is revealed! Information on pre-sale benefits revealed

The latest movie Transformers series "Transformers / Beast Awakening" (released nationwide on August 4) will be released with a movie ticket with a transform acrylic stand. figure was revealed.

The series depicts the battles of metal lifeforms (transformers) that transform into any object, such as cars and fighter planes. In the latest work, a new force, Maximal, who transforms from animals participates in the war. Optimus Primal (voiced by Takehito Koyasu ) is a gorilla-type transformer who leads Maximal's beast warriors.

Optimus Primal before and after transformation is drawn on the acrylic stand of the privilege, and the pattern changes by changing the angle. After transformation, Primal has gorilla fur on both shoulders, reminiscent of the visuals of the popular TV anime "Beast Wars: Super Life Form Transformers" in Japan.

Advance tickets will be on sale from May 19th (Friday) at screening theaters nationwide (excluding some theaters) and major mail order sites. The acrylic stand is limited in quantity, so it will end as soon as it is gone. (Editorial department, Takuya Kuramoto)
Optimus Primal Transforming Stand Japan Exclusive - Transformers Rise Of The Beasts (2)__scale...jpg

Optimus Primal Transforming Stand Japan Exclusive - Transformers Rise Of The Beasts (1)__scale...jpg

(Original story here: - https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0136131 )

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I guess wave 2 stuff got leaked a little early. I’m expecting the second wave of stuff to be put on order tonight, with first wave stuff going “for sale” from the online guys.

Top Bottom