Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So, hey. Those Amazon listings were accurate, I got Weaponizer Primal today. So if Amazon says "in stock" it really is, meaning if you can't wait a couple of weeks, Amazon will sell you some movie toys early.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
LOL
Amazon ganked the early listings they had up for Rise of the Beasts toys. Good thing I jumped on it when I did. Not that it probably means much given I paid a couple extra bucks on something that will be sitting at retail for months.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I guess Chuck splurged on all the available stuff. Basically, all the Battle Masters are some sort of butt blasters, at this stage.

I find it interesting how much shared engineering there is between the Weaponizers and Combiner Optimus Primal. The biggest mechanical design difference is in the arms: the Weaponizers features the adjustable shoulder pads and extended range with the ball jointed elbow.
But they are only similar on that engineering front. I actually think the Combiner executes the design a little better in terms of the position of the beast head and the increased colors. The angled beast head works well on the Combiner and allows for a more “natural”
I really DO like the increased colors on the Combiner, but the more dull deco is probably more accurate to the film.

For those with a bunch of “accessory bots”, the Beast Alliance toys, as a whole, are LOADED with ports.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I guess Chuck splurged on all the available stuff. Basically, all the Battle Masters are some sort of butt blasters, at this stage.

I find it interesting how much shared engineering there is between the Weaponizers and Combiner Optimus Primal. The biggest mechanical design difference is in the arms: the Weaponizers features the adjustable shoulder pads and extended range with the ball jointed elbow.
But they are only similar on that engineering front. I actually think the Combiner executes the design a little better in terms of the position of the beast head and the increased colors. The angled beast head works well on the Combiner and allows for a more “natural”
I really DO like the increased colors on the Combiner, but the more dull deco is probably more accurate to the film.

For those with a bunch of “accessory bots”, the Beast Alliance toys, as a whole, are LOADED with ports.
Yes, I wish the Legacy/Kingdom BW toys had some more ports, so that they could interact more with the fossilizer.

Also, I would have liked the armour bots to be more like the Duocons, with two windows forming half of a robot. If they had good articulation, I would have bought them probably. However, unless it's addressed in the film, it's odd to see a Decepticon (Skullcruncher/not-Magaligator) combine with a Maximal (Optimus). Personally, I would have liked them to create new versions of the BW Mutants like this, such as BW Mutant Soundwave, who was the combination of bat and crocodile (which could then be recoloured as Megalligator and Convobat respectively.

Although I've ordered the to individual weaponisers (to go with my existing Rhinox, Cheetor and possibly Megaligator Headmaster (Japanese exclusive), I didn't bother with the two double-pack sets in the video above as I doubt want the bigger figures. Why they didn't either make partners that "should" go with each character (as they've done with Scorponok and his scorpion partner), or sell Chain Claw and non-Tigatron together/individually is beyond me. Hopefully, they'll released then as recolours individually? I hope not-Skullcruncher gets released in Gatoraider colours! Failing that, I'll probably repaint the grey bits green myself.

Gatoraider.jpg

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Just for general information, since TFW2005 is giving a skewed perspective:

Hasbro's street date/on shelf date/whatever is April 10, from everything I've seen. April 10 seems to be the "magic day" for about ALL of Hasbro's summer releases.
If you find it early, GREAT. But don't be EXPECTING retailers to have this stuff out until on or after that date.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Although I've ordered the to individual weaponisers (to go with my existing Rhinox, Cheetor and possibly Megaligator Headmaster (Japanese exclusive), I didn't bother with the two double-pack sets in the video above as I doubt want the bigger figures. Why they didn't either make partners that "should" go with each character (as they've done with Scorponok and his scorpion partner), or sell Chain Claw and non-Tigatron together/individually is beyond me. Hopefully, they'll released then as recolours individually? I hope not-Skullcruncher gets released in Gatoraider colours! Failing that, I'll probably repaint the grey bits green myself.
As always, I'd suggest patience. Hasbro likes their repaints, so it would not surprise me if some of those two packs don't end up in the Battle Master single assortment later on.
This line is apt to last until next spring, that's a good 4-5 waves worth of time.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen

Man, I was hoping the Core Voyager Primal wouldn't end up so monochrome...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
This is par for the course for the live action movies, unfortunately. If you're not a sleek street vehicle, you get no snazzy paint job. Instead, you get variations of gray, tan, brown, and other muted color shades.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
LOTS of new things leaked today!
Mexico City put out gobs of movie toys, including Core Voyager Optimus Primal. Images from the back of the box revealed an alternate deco for the figure. Also revealed was an Authentics Megatron packaged in a RotB styled packaging INCLUDING a first look at a new movie styled design. This might be the abandoned Bumblebee movie Megatron design that is rumored to be on deck for Studio Series. Also seen was a RotB packaged Authentics Titan Changer Cheetor.
Megatron

AND Bumblebee movie toys are reappearing in RotB packaging sporting a new label: Autobots Unite. The name was previously used during The Last Knight to encompass Walmart exclusive items. Given the images appear to be from an international Walmart, I presume that will be the case as well. The labels refer to these as both “Spark Racers” and “MV7 Capsule”. Seen are Speed Series Bumblebee and Barricade and Power Series Megatron and Battletrap (Ironhide redeco). Both figures from the Power Series appear to come with the Energon core thingys, even though Megatron didn’t originally.

AND in the UK, there was visual confirmation that, YES, the Core Deluxe figures (which we’ve seen as part of Target exclusive 3 packs) WILL indeed be released individually. Note that, if Hasbro/Hasbro UK follow usual currency conversion, the Core Deluxe figures may retail for $25 in the US, which makes the Target exclusive packs more cost effective means for purchasing the figures if you plan to get most.

Wheugh

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
The Core Voyager Primal thing irks me. I hope Hasbro will address that next week when they (presumably) reveal all these toys. It’s a really baffling situation: the promo images don’t appear to actually have any major “structural” differences with the final toy. Even the number and location of paint apps all appear to be the same.
But using the bronze and dark blue/black against some of the grey parts just “pops” better than the silver blob we appear to have ended up with. Even the Weaponizer opted to use a darker “base plastic” so that the silver actually pops against it. Just the “grey on silver” deco just seems so at odds with everything from film accuracy to just simple appealing aesthetics. And I’m not sure “film accuracy” is a huge concern given how many Primal toys eschew the black and silver/bronze and just slapped dark blue on his robot elements. Much less how many of the Core Deluxe beasts vary from their final appearance.

The greatest irony is that, compared to the images and video we’ve seen of Primal, the black and gold actually seems more reflective of his final appearance. Hopefully, we’ll get a running change or some sort of exclusive that will use this deco.
Here’s his official marketing render from the Tomy website:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Possible "Bikkuriman" & Rise of the Beasts Collaboration Stickers and Sweets Collaboration in Japan?

1680312313493.jpg

Lotte Co., Ltd. 1st of April, 2023 09:00

The 1st of April, 2023 is the Commemoration of "Bikkuriman Day!" For the first time in the history of Bikkuriman comes the "Bikkuriman x Transformers" collaboration!

Lotte Co., Ltd. announces that the first collaboration between the popular content "Transformers" (Takara Tomy Co., Ltd.) and "Bikkuriman" ("Surprise Man") has been decided. Transformers will release the latest live-action movie "Transformers - Rise of the Beasts" on Friday, the 4th of August, 2023.

In addition, prior to the movie release, a selection broadcast version of the CG robot animation broadcasted in 1997-1998, "Beast Wars - Super Life Form Transformers" will be re-broadcast on the "TV Tokyo 6" network from 9:15 am on the 2nd of April. Please look forward to the detailed follow-up announcement of what kind of collaboration it will be!

What is "Transformers"?
"Transformers" is a content created by Takara Tomy Co., Ltd. that originates from Japanese toys. The second concept and the grand story of super robot lifeforms that can transform freely fight in space. After the toys were released in the United States in 1984, animation and comics became a big hit, and in 1985 toy sales and animation started in Japan. From 2007, Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay made it into a live-action movie in Hollywood, and it became a big hit all over the world, with sales of more than 700 million units (as of July 2022) in more than 130 countries and regions around the world. Among them, the Beast Wars series has recorded top-class sales numbers, even in the history of Transformers toys.

What is “Bikkuriman Day”?
In 2015, the 1st of April, was established as "Bikkuriman Day", linking it to the concept of Bikkuriman (a character who surprises people) to a date where people are usually surprised.

(Source: - https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000002000.000002360.html )

For those that aren't familiar with "Bikkuriman", they're a staple sweet/chocolate bar that can be found in most convenience stores, supermarket sweet aisles and sweet shops in Japan. They're cheap wafer sandwiches, with thin layers of chocolate between them, with a large square (sometimes foil/hologram backed) stickers of various characters (created by the Lotte snack company). Sometimes, they do collaborations with other franchises (such as Star Wars or Transformers). They've even had an animated show.

fba6ad02c6f2488ab142899ea7ec8f5b.jpg

allofthetime.png

More info here:

- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikkuriman

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
More toys? OF COURSE more toys!
First off, more images of Voyager Primal, including better transformed images. I dig the design and what it has going on, but I’m left so “meh” by the dull as frick deco job. Again, I’m REALLY hoping Hasbro has plans to either running change or some sort of repaint planned to better utilize the tooling.

I guess Mexico said “forget that street date” and is just chucking new toys out. Found is a Flex Changer Cheetor (sharing design cues with the Core Deluxe and Titan Changer versions) as well as more Autobot Unite repacks/repaints. Power Series Camero BB will be joining Megatron and “Battletrap”, while the Nitro Series is being brought back with Optimus Prime and Starscream, a repainted Nitro Blitzwing.

Top Bottom