Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Every single aspect of the truck mode is a downgrade. Robot mode looks like mostly a downgrade, but the proportions are more accurate. An ambitious customizer might make it look nice but it's not for me.
The inevitable proper Studio Series version might look better.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The inevitable proper Studio Series version might look better.
That’s the nice things this time around: most of the characters will have Core and Studio Series options by the end of the year. Though, I thought I read that the RotB Studio Series Optimus Prime (supposedly a retool of SS38) was slated for a Target exclusive.

JtPrime has posted new updates: the Target exclusive Jungle Mission Pack (one of several it seems) will feature the Core Deluxe/Off model Cheetor we’ve seen. Not clear yet if the figure will be exclusive to the pack or if the pack is just existing retail figures in a fancy new box.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Something has occurred to me. When June finally arrives, will spoiler discussion of the movie simply go in this thread or a new one?

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Something has occurred to me. When June finally arrives, will spoiler discussion of the movie simply go in this thread or a new one?
I think there should be two different threads. One for the film, one for the toys, since I think it IS possible to discuss the toy line without directly addressing the film itself.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think there should be two different threads. One for the film, one for the toys, since I think it IS possible to discuss the toy line without directly addressing the film itself.

I think the toys should be a seperate thread, not to cause confusion, while talk about the movie should be having a spoiler warning for anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, thou the most likely things to happen in the film are:
Bots transform between vehicle or beast modes
Stuff goes KABOOM!!!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah. Right now we don't know enough about the movie to bother. We'll deal with it when we get there.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Well, we know Optimus Primal hasn't given up on the Buddha Monkey talking from Beast Machines, we saw that in the trailer.

Spoiler: The Big Bad will be Waspinator, who collected ALL the loose parts of himself laying around throughout history and the multiverse itself, put them all back together (insert Gorilla Glue commercial endorsement here) and he's now using Unicron as a jawbreaker.

He's then killed by a grumpy old man sitting on his front porch with a flyswatter in summer who misinterpreted something he saw on the news.

49894285321_f3f44138f1_o.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Y'know, tap water probably wouldn't be good for a mechanical being. Unless from near those fracking places where the water is more explosive than gasoline...

Only teaser online is the Porsche tie in, giving our best look at Mirage in robot mode...but not much else

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Watched the spot and honestly, I feel like, I am going to HATE Mirage not just his look, which is clearly another Bayformer desgin but his personalty, I just get bad vibes from him, so I think we are in for another trainwreck of a movie

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
It still mystifies me they legit have Jazz’s altmode yet make him Mirage.
It's the movies.
You got a character with Jazz's alt mode (and a decent resemblance in robot mode), Hound's abilities, who shares the same name as the OTHER movie Mirage which ended up being called Dino.

It's movie Hound all over again.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Mirage looks fine.

Not G1 Mirage, but wasn't expecting that at this point, but looks decent for a movie design.

Trailer itself was disappointingly brief and i exciting.

-ZacWilliam, Flash and GotG3 were much better trailer wise.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It's the movies.
You got a character with Jazz's alt mode (and a decent resemblance in robot mode), Hound's abilities, who shares the same name as the OTHER movie Mirage which ended up being called Dino.

It's movie Hound all over again.

I'm sure there will be a KO of the SS version in G1 Jazz colours later on.

RCX

Citizen
Not sure if this has been much talked about now that we know Porsche is all-in with this movie: I'm most excited for the future implications of the Porsche partnership/licensing. I can only hope this means the MP Cliffjumper that's been languishing in limbo will get an official announcement, and we'll finally get a shot at an officially licensed MP Jazz. Porsche has historically told Hasbro to eff-off, so this is huge.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
It's the movies.
I mean, Hound stole his abilities from toy bio Mirage in the first place.

Top Bottom