Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Geography would jump from shot-to-shot, too.

One minute, everyone's in the Smithsonian in D.C. Then they step outside the building and they're suddenly in Arizona, as if D.C. and Arizona were next-door neighbors.

Then, during the big desert battle with no coast in sight, there's suddenly a coast nearby just so the U.S. Navy's big railgun can shoot at Devastator on the pyramid. And after he's shot, the coast and the Navy ship both disappear as abruptly as they appeared, with the surrounding geography returning to nothing by endless desert.

The Phazer

Citizen
I thought that Core Rhinox toy was just the Kingdom one with greebles added, but it's a different size, and they've reworked the leg transformation (in what is a significant improvement IMO given the old one was a fussy pain in the ass).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I thought that Core Rhinox toy was just the Kingdom one with greebles added, but it's a different size, and they've reworked the leg transformation (in what is a significant improvement IMO given the old one was a fussy pain in the ass).
It's a Voyager, not a Core.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Just say RotB mainline. We all know what your taking about if you say that.

The best part of a fandom is that we are 0% beholden to the terms and definitions that corporations wish to apply to their products, so if something dumb happens (double use of the term "core") we can find a workaround for it.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
PicsArt_1675714268612.png

In-Hand Image of Transformers Rise Of the Beasts Mainline Voyager Rhinox Toy (34)__scaled_600.jpg
In-Hand Image of Transformers Rise Of the Beasts Mainline Voyager Rhinox Toy (35)__scaled_600.jpg
In-Hand Image of Transformers Rise Of the Beasts Mainline Voyager Rhinox Toy (21)__scaled_600.jpg

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Core means two different things now.
Beast Changer Rhinox is sized like a Core Class figure, but not part of the Core Line
TF7 Core Rhinox is Voyager class, and so is the Studio Series Rhinox.
Studio Series Arcee is Core Class, but not part of the TF7 Core line.
Optimus Primal has TF7 Core Voyager class figure planned, but his Studio Series figures will be Core Class (reportedly) and Leader.

C'mon guys, it's simple! :p

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Wait, has "Core" been used by Hasbro recently to refer to something other than the current tiny size class?

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Wait, has "Core" been used by Hasbro recently to refer to something other than the current tiny size class?
With Rise of the Beasts, Hasbro has assortments called "Core Deluxe" and "Core Voyager". They are "traditional" Transformers toys marketed under the Rise of the Beasts banner. Think Cyberverse or Earthspark Deluxe figures, but now with a Voyager sized assortment.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
An interesting tidbit from the Fan Call: the usual guys we see on the Fan Streams do NOT have any involvement with the development of the kids lines. It’s an entirely separate team to which so much fandom ire is directed! I get an image in my head of the Collector guys at the Hasbro brands sitting around ornate tables meticulously going over their well organized projects..and then below them in a dimly lite cellar are the “kids line” people sweating trying to get a dozen things done while their “incoming projects” mail slot is just spewing out papers. Lol. So, to the unknown designers toiling away for the kids:
giphy.gif

Going over the new images from today:
New images of Cheetor are assuaging my remaining concerns. In “natural” lighting, Cheetor seems to have a bronze tint to his plastic that does seem to pop.

The new images of the Core Voyagers? I still think they look solid. That said, it’s still obvious that these REALLY could use a little extra detail work. It wouldn’t even be a lot, some contrast on Prime’s grey, maybe splash some of that silver onto his hips and shoulder elements, paint his hand guards. On Rhinox, just some bronze for a little bit of detail would spice him up immensely.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Although this toy isn't out yet for most people, this YouTuber has shown the box, so I'm giving them the benefit of the double as being legit.

IMO, this new version seems to have less red (possibly due to a lack of paint?) than the previous version, but I suspect it will receive many KO versions in the upcoming year or so.

ROTB OP (Details).jpg

ROTB OP - Alt Mode (Comparison).jpg

Rotb OP Bot Mode (Comparison).jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Every single aspect of the truck mode is a downgrade. Robot mode looks like mostly a downgrade, but the proportions are more accurate. An ambitious customizer might make it look nice but it's not for me.

Top Bottom