Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And if it's going "back to Bay-sics", there probably won't be much in terms of legible plot or dialogue anyway.

That is fair. Your average Michael Bay movies all use the same script. I have a copy of it below:

giphy.webp

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Core Voyager Optimus Prime and Rhinox have been spotted overseas!

Both seem to share engineering with prior releases (BB Movie Prime and Kingdom Rhinox, respectively). Both look okay!
Optimus Prime- I like the bolder colors, especially in robot mode. The overall mechanics look simpler, which I think works to streamline his look in this expression.
Rhinox- Some divergences from his Beast Changer toy we’ve seen, but the key design elements seem to remain. While he seems to use the Kingdom engineering, I’m curious how the execution will be. Like we saw with Core Cheetor, I think removing the requirement of a realistic beast mode could give the designers some flex to correct or enhance on areas of complaints with the original. At the very least, his chain guns seem to be more substantive now that they don’t need to integrate into the beast mode. Bot mode is a touch plain, I would have really liked to see a bit more green and gold just to break up the grey and tan.

JtPrime17 has also posted some updated release dates for Generations and Studio Series. In terms of Rise of the Beasts…
(I’m assuming “wave 2 2023” is basically encompassing the initial Rise of the Beast figures)
Wave 3- August-ish
Deluxe Bumblebee is listed, likely a carryover
Voyager Rhinox

November will a significant array of RotB figures:
Wave 4 Core-
Delta 2 (Freezor was Delta 1, likely another Terrocon minion)
Hydra (Codename, meaning likely a TF7 release)

Deluxe wave 4-
Nightbird
Mirage

Leader wave 4-
Optimus Primal

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You forgot a handful of slow motion, 360 pans of the female character's T and A in the middle of the action.
I would honestly love this if it was done in a tongue-in-cheek fashion, highlighting the vehicle parts in such a way that it actually looks more like a car commercial than an attempt at sexual titillation.

...I bet whoever sponsored the alt mode would appreciate that, too.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That is fair. Your average Michael Bay movies all use the same script. I have a copy of it below:

giphy.webp

You forgot to add what Bay would consider "special effects" to his Baysplosions series, such as the American flag (at all times), unnecessarily sexualised situations or portrayals of underaged girls and just a dash of casual racism.

In other news...

ROTB Rhinox and Optimus Prime.jpg

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen
Another part of the Bay Transformers formula, one that we actually have good reason to think this movie is repeating, is "the Transformers were involved in yet another part of Earth's history".

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Good God, but can we get some ******* color in the beast toys? Tan, taupe, and grey are not eye catching colors here, people. Throw something there to get them to stand out.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This toyline is an aesthetic disaster. The Autobot designs are too complicated for the paint budget, and the beasts have so little color that it would hardly matter if they did have a bigger paint budget. They should be colorful like the 2007 Autobots. Instead they're colored like Decepticon generics/protoforms.

And it's a shame because the toys look so fun. The engineering looks simple and effective, and the gimmicks are neat. If the character designs were typical Transformers with lots of block coloring like what the paint budget is actually able to achieve, this would be a fantastic toyline.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Sadly, this is par for the course for the live-action film series. If you're not a slick street vehicle with a snazzy paint job, your colors are dull and muted.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
This toyline is an aesthetic disaster. The Autobot designs are too complicated for the paint budget, and the beasts have so little color that it would hardly matter if they did have a bigger paint budget. They should be colorful like the 2007 Autobots. Instead they're colored like Decepticon generics/protoforms.

And it's a shame because the toys look so fun. The engineering looks simple and effective, and the gimmicks are neat. If the character designs were typical Transformers with lots of block coloring like what the paint budget is actually able to achieve, this would be a fantastic toyline.

Just wait for the (oversized) KOs. Film figures often get beautifully painted knockoffs, either soon after the originals are released or about a year later.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That reminds me, I was just telling my wife last night that it would be cool if this Scourge ends up like an amalgamation of RiD and Cybertron's Scourges, taking on a dragon alt near the end of the film.

Top Bottom