Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I like him, I'm definitely getting him, but this is the third distinct Pretty Good Deluxe Cheetor That Basically Looks Like BW S1 Cheetor in the past couple of years (four if you consider the Vintage one to qualify), and I'm pretty sure that means we get to start complaining about them now and wishing we could get some of his other looks for once.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I like him, I'm definitely getting him, but this is the third distinct Pretty Good Deluxe Cheetor That Basically Looks Like BW S1 Cheetor in the past couple of years (four if you consider the Vintage one to qualify), and I'm pretty sure that means we get to start complaining about them now and wishing we could get some of his other looks for once.
Let's see them do Beast Machines Cheetor next and watch the fandom explode! 😈

Lobjob

Citizen
I just love how this makes his robot mode full when compared to the kingdom cheetor. He doesn't sacrifice the robot mode for a realistic cheetor. Its a great fusion. I hope he looks this great on screen.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Too rich for my blood, I'm afraid. I was meaning at standard main line Hasbro pricing. I'll spend over $100 on a figure maybe once a year or so, but only for a Titan or similar.
I agree. I want to like them, but they're more "overpriced KO" than "affordable 3P" figures IMO.

However, Hasbro is bringing out a rather affordable Authentics ROTB OP if you're interested.

Authentics ROTB Optimus Primal (Packaging).png

Authentics ROTB Optimus Primal (toy).jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That is surprisingly good looking for the Authentics line. Roughly core-class, sized, correct?
I've honestly no idea, but it does look pretty good. I hope it has basic articulation in all the right places and that the rear of the gorilla isn't a complete tip.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Bravo line is roughly equivalent to Core class size, maybe slightly bigger? I have Arcee and Barricade from the Bravo line, I will try to get some comparison pics up if you'd like?

I would be interested, definitely.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
There's a Bravo Arcee at the only store that sells TF's in my town that I keep eyeballing for my core class shelf. She was very overpriced though, IIRC

Dake

Citizen
Seiberteon had pics of Wheeljack with his goggles removed. Clearly not meant to be considering the hole they leave, but seems like an enterprising printer could design a "battle mask" with ears to plug in in their place.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seiberteon had pics of Wheeljack with his goggles removed. Clearly not meant to be considering the hole they leave, but seems like an enterprising printer could design a "battle mask" with ears to plug in in their place.

Honestly, I might be more interested in replacing the head with a more "G1" head (though not Wheeljack") and putting the glasses on the new head, something like this:

rotb wheelack.jpg

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yeah, I love everything about that mold except the face being made out of silver twizzlers. Give it a classically styled face and that might be toy of the year contender for me.

-ZacWilliam, love the alt mode and the thickness and even the concept of the glasses.

Lobjob

Citizen
Throw some brown/tan on that head and its not a terrible fit.

But again, I'm fine with the head he has. Its the movie universe. This is how this goes.

Top Bottom