Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Sorry if someone said this already, but Paramount has the movie rights to Transformers, and so they'd probably have to sign off on something like this, too, if there was any signing off to be done.

GoBots? Not so much. Just Hasbro would likely do.

Given it's a "special" and not a movie, I'm not sure that would apply here. (It's basically a one-shot TV episode.)

Also given paramount has the rights to "Transformers"; that may not automatically include the rights to Gobots, especially given the legal weirdness Gobots finds itself in.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Does Bumblebee even have knees? I mean, there appears to be a joint there between two pieces of plastic, but his legs are awkwardly stiff in every pic.

allion

Citizen
I seen some people on reddit and twitter say that airazor is " wasted slot" only because she wasn't that major in the show I disagree if anything she needed more screen time and the original beast wars didn't give her much in that regard.

Lobjob

Citizen
I don't mind this Bumblebee because his simpler nature may (hopefully) mean he's not as fiddly to transform and holds together pretty well.

Shadewing

Citizen
I don't mind this Bumblebee because his simpler nature may (hopefully) mean he's not as fiddly to transform and holds together pretty well.

Well the recent DOTM/15th A one for me is the right balance of looking good, fun transformation, and stability. So if you want a Decent Movie Bumblebee, he's my current choice.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Some minor details gleaned from the retailer listings:
Both Battletrap and Bumblebee are shipping with one other character, in each assortment (Deluxe assortment is 4x each character, Battletrap is short against another character packed 2x in a Voyager case of 3).
Airrazor seems a safe bet given she has been making the rounds as a leak, but no details on another Voyager has come about. The SAFE bets will either be Optimus Primal or Optimus Prime.

Retailers have them listed for being available in April, which means standard retailers like Walmart or Target may well start slipping stuff out as early as February. The line is likely “street dated” in the later half of March, going by prior major tie in launches.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Also given paramount has the rights to "Transformers"; that may not automatically include the rights to Gobots, especially given the legal weirdness Gobots finds itself in.
Sorry, yeah, that's what I was trying to say. If Paramount's part has any weight over Transformers being involved, it probably doesn't include GoBots, making it easier for them to be signed off on. That's what I was trying to get at.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The TF team has been making a greater effort to get more female characters into media, to the point where there's at least one lady (baby steps :D) on each team in the film. Airrazor is the most logical choice for the Maximal one.

Content from this post has been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Content from this post has been removed.

Gonna just ignore the bizarre rant.

As far as we've seen, there are no Decepticons (Or Predacons, weirdly enough) in Rise of the Beasts at all. The Terrorcons are filling that role as the bad guys. They could always surprise us, but as of right now it's just Autobots, Maximals and Terrorcons.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
2022-12-12-%E2%80%94-Rotb-12.jpg

D7CVlEnXkAEWYZJ.jpeg

I'm usually all for breaking away from G1 references, but swapping Wheeljack's cool light up ears and segmented mouthplate for giant nerd glasses is just hilariously bad.

Shadewing

Citizen
Honestly, the head kinda makes me thing "Dorky fanboy of Crosshairs"

TBH I like the head, but not as Wheeljack. Not when we already have Wheeljack with a G1 head from the first BB movie. Which Arcee does look like what we seen there, more or less.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
As Wheeljack, I'm not impressed.

As a transforming VW microbus robot, I am mildly interested.

As a figure that could probably be customized into a workable Mystery Machine with a Velma robot mode...Ima have to buy a couple of these.

(And if they were going for a Steve Urkel look, the altmode shoulda been an Isetta...)

Top Bottom