Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
What's odd is that there is apparently a possibility of this new TF film being released officially in RUSSIA, of all places. If that's true, Hasbro et al had better reconsider VERY quickly...

Well the film is still a year or so away and a lot can happen in that time, the war could be over by then and Hasbro is a business after all and trying to stay out of global politics!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What's more, both it and the Optimus Primal mask have instructions that use the Rise of the Beasts logo, despite Hasbro's statement that the ROTB toys would be sold in Cyberverse packaging.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
large.png

Hasbro filing for trademark on this Terrorcon logo.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
What's more, both it and the Optimus Primal mask have instructions that use the Rise of the Beasts logo, despite Hasbro's statement that the ROTB toys would be sold in Cyberverse packaging.
At this point, it's started to become noticeable that retail doesn't seem to have much pressing desire to abruptly push out Rise of the Beasts stuff without the movie to support it. At the stores still stocking Cyberverse around me, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of product. Earthspark will have its initial products out by early Spring, and RotB will filter out about the same time to be available before the film hits in early June.

I think Hasbro had PROVISIONS for that scenario, but maybe the poor results of prior "date shifted" product lines has given EVERYONE the incentive to just, y'know, wait for the film's marketing window instead of just shoving toys out for the sake of it.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Apparently there have been reshoots featuring American rapper-actor Tobe Nwigwe.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
That's surprising considering they finished filming a year ago! Plenty of time to tweak and get things right, I guess.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
TFW2005 has pictures of RotB Airazor.

I have to say, I've never been much into the organic Beast Wars style, but I like this. I like it a lot. Very much a robotic bird, just an organically-styled robotic bird, and the headsculpt looks like something you'd see in Legacy, not the "piles of overlapping plates" look from the movie lines that I just never really could get behind.

The Phazer

Citizen
Yeah, that's quite nice, and the transformation is neat. Bit of a shame that the robot head is so obvious in bird mode but otherwise very nice.

Edit: that transformation would work really well for a non-awful Beast Machines Silverbolt toy.

Shadewing

Citizen
TFW2005 has pictures of RotB Airazor.

I have to say, I've never been much into the organic Beast Wars style, but I like this. I like it a lot. Very much a robotic bird, just an organically-styled robotic bird, and the headsculpt looks like something you'd see in Legacy, not the "piles of overlapping plates" look from the movie lines that I just never really could get behind.

While I like the look of this, I disagree; becuase it completely loses the whole 'disquise' element. Unless they're pretending to be animal statues, a metallic animal is gonna be super noticable.

Shadewing

Citizen
The AOE Dinobots say hi.

Last I checked, they never really tried to be in disguise. Not to mention that EVEN if they were, no one was gonna pass by "Oh, its just your every day T-rex." and think nothing of it. Becuase there are no Dinosaurs for them to blend in with, unless their on the same earth as Power Rangers Dino Charge.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Last I checked, they never really tried to be in disguise.
Nor does it look like these will either.

And, truth be told, the Beast Modes were never actually disguises back in Beast Wars either.

Or hey, now that I think about it, Beast Modes have barely ever been used for disguise purposes in all of Transformers history.

Top Bottom