Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I guess that means that they can produce a quailty product and ensure the CGI doesn't look awful, Star Trek, I don't know, I haven't minded the reboot films much, thou I think Beyond was a better story than into Darkness that came across as a bad rehash of a much better film!

Has this happened with any of the previous movies and if so, how did Hasbro handle the toyline launch in relation?

I'm guessing they aren't truly ready to roll out the line, yet, it could be that they are finalising the desgins and deals behind the scenes for promoting the film!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm assuming the delay is just general covid shenanigans. Marvel delayed a bunch of films recently too.

Lucasfilm as well, Indi 5 got pushed back by a year, Star Wars Rogue Squadron been pushed back as well, I doult some of its related to Covid but more towards the changes going on within Disney its self, from what I gathered, the current CEO of Disney has taken power away from the studio heads and moved it to marketing, so films like the latest Marvel movie are unlikely to get made without their consent as the company is shifting back to being a for profit company once more instead of a large viture signalling machine and I think the critic scores on RT are a reffection of this change! Of course Lucasfilm, not exactly had a good track record since Disney took over it, they had far more directors than movies during that time!

Anyway, going back to TF Rise of the Beasts, I think what happening is likely that Hasbro wants more time to get the desgins of the robots down and into toy form with a bunch likely to show up with Studio series when the movie comes out, so to keep the line going, they decided to do the 86 movie cast as a filler so that they also can carry on with the Bayformers as they do the non major characters who likely only had one or two appearances, example the resent Jolt figure, of course, it could also be that Hasbro execs didn't like what they saw when they got conspect art shown to them, after all, they taken more of a creative stake in the films with their latest deal with Paramount, but this is merely specluation on my part.

Paladin

Citizen
Wonder how this affects the distribution. would stores have already ordered product for Summer '22?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Has this happened with any of the previous movies and if so, how did Hasbro handle the toyline launch in relation?
Not the Transformers movies really but we've got plenty of others that got pushed back and Hasbro got stuck releasing product quite a ways in advance of the movies. Black Widow and the Marvel films recently are the easiest example. Luckily they got ahead of the rest and pushed the Shang-Chi and Eternals movie lines out some time, but that's easy to do when you have other lines in the family to back up on like non movie Legends and generic Spider-Man and Avenger lines. That's probably going to be the case with Rise of the Beasts and they might have to hard push Legacy or other Studio Series like 86 or Bumblebee and earlier instead in it's place.

Worst case situation we have a GI Joe Retaliation or Minions 2 release with toys dropping much too early before the movie gets released. But that is pretty unlikely since we are still more than half a year out before it was originally scheduled and due to Covid I'm sure alternate plans have been explored in order to delay the lines if necessary. Hasbro got a bit lucky with Snake-Eyes since they had Classified starting regardless of the Movie's status and could push that some more in it's stead. Not the best push mind you, but better than the line stagnating and unselling for a while like Retaliation did. Granted I really don't see much Snake-Eyes merch being bought either so.....

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Wonder how this affects the distribution. would stores have already ordered product for Summer '22?
Maybe? But I'm not sure the orders mean much until the products go into production.

I get the feeling the biggest push for this delay is from Hasbro. We're already seeing an almost 6 month delay on their lines, and clearly Rise of the Beasts didn't have any Studio Series stuff on deck for a good percentage of the year (especially with the delays we're seeing across the board).

Transformers should be fine though. Legacy will hit in late spring/early summer, and hopefully, Hasbro will have stuff for the new Transformers on shelves by fall.

LiamA

Citizen

I don't know about the previous movies but this happening with Minions 2. Movie won't be out for at least a year or two but there are toys and other stuff out.

Kaon

ROTB Toy line courtesy of JT Prime

Wave 1 (April 2022)​

Power Alliance – $15.99 each

• Weaponizer 2-Pack Optimus Primal (F4611)
  • Weaponizer 2-Pack Optimus Prime (F4612)
  • Weaponizer 2-Pack Arcee (F4613)
  • Weaponizer 2-Pack Wheeljack (F4615)
Power Battlers / Beast Battle Masters – $6.99 each

• Beast Battle Master Cheetor (F4599)
  • Beast Battle Master Rhinox (F4600)
  • Beast Battle Master Cresent (F4601)
  • Beast Battle Master Optimus Primal (F4603)
  • Beast Battle Master Airazor (F4604)
Power Combiners – $21.99 each

• Combiner 2-Pack Bumblebee (F4617)
  • Combiner 2-Pack Acree (F4618)
  • Combiner 2-Pack Optimus Primal (F4619)
  • Combiner 2-Pack Scourge (F4620)
  • Combiner 2-Pack Optimus Prime (F4622)
Battle Changers/Battle Chargers – $10.99 each

• Battle Changer Bumblebee (F4607)
  • Battle Charger Rhinox (F4606)
  • Battle Charger Mirage (F4609)
  • Battle Changer Bumblebee (F4610)
2-In-1 Mask – $34.99 each

• 2-In-1 Mask Bumblebee (F4649)
Beast Mode Bumblebee – $52.99

• Beast Mode Bumblebee (F4055)
Smash Changers – $31.49 each

• Smash Changer Optimus Prime (F4642)

Wave 2 (August 2022)​

2-In-1 Masks – $34.99 each

• 2-In-1 Mask Optimus Primal (F4650)
Smash Changers – $31.49 each

• Smash Changer Rhinox (F4643)

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I will believe it when I see it.

My first inclination is that Hasbro just hasn’t updated information to retailers. It makes little sense to have a big launch over a year in advance of the film’s release. Barring Paramount pulled a GI Joe on them and changed the date too close to active production.

Then again, releasing the toys this early might also be viable “advertising” for the film. With the softness of the theatrical business, perhaps Paramount is letting Hasbro release the toys to gauge customer interest before committing significant amount of money to big rollout. All things considered, a streaming deal for Snake Eyes might have been a better deal than the theatrical push it got.
Or maybe the release date will change again before the next month is out. We know Hasbro is going to have some sort of Toy Fair showing within the next month.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I will believe it when I see it.

My first inclination is that Hasbro just hasn’t updated information to retailers. It makes little sense to have a big launch over a year in advance of the film’s release. Barring Paramount pulled a GI Joe on them and changed the date too close to active production.

Then again, releasing the toys this early might also be viable “advertising” for the film. With the softness of the theatrical business, perhaps Paramount is letting Hasbro release the toys to gauge customer interest before committing significant amount of money to big rollout. All things considered, a streaming deal for Snake Eyes might have been a better deal than the theatrical push it got.
Or maybe the release date will change again before the next month is out. We know Hasbro is going to have some sort of Toy Fair showing within the next month.
However, Hastak released the Top Gun crossover toy before the film was released, which included materials or imagery linked to the new film, right?

Xero

Citizen
Isn't this what happened with the G.I. Joe movie before Snake eyes? The movie got delayed but the first waves were so far in production that they just released them. Or was it the other way and Hasbro sat on the product and never released most of it? I don't remember which, but I know it was a mess.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Isn't this what happened with the G.I. Joe movie before Snake eyes? The movie got delayed but the first waves were so far in production that they just released them. Or was it the other way and Hasbro sat on the product and never released most of it? I don't remember which, but I know it was a mess.
Stuff was released long before the film because it came out when it was originally supposed to.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I continue to be excited by the idea of the targetmaster beasts. I haven't been too into the movie line aesthetic for the most part, but I can't resist a good tiny transformer that turns into a gun or accessory for a larger transformer.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I'm shocked at how close Primal is to the source material for a movie design. Obviously the deco is lacking. The transformation is amusing but gets the job done for this type of toy. Crossbow Tigatron looks stupid but fun.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Primal looking like Primal is quite a surprise, even though I had expected the designs to be a lot more faithful now. Kinda curious about Wheeljack now, given he apparently turns into a hippie van.

Prime looks rather like Legacy Bulkhead.

Tigatron's giving me Rotf Ravage flashbacks....

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Prime's pretty much a dead ringer for that new Cyberverse toy, pretty much affirming that said new Cyberverse toy is a ROTB toy shifted to Cyberverse due to the movie's delayed release until next year.

Top Bottom