Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Dessl0ck

Citizen
Although honestly I'm surprised there is no Rattrap on the Maximal side, swapping him out for Airrazor feels off.
But we ARE getting a Battletrap, I am almost willing to bet by the end of the flick we either get Rattrap, or a strong hint he is coming.

Blot

Citizen
Mirage shows off why he's named that. (Yes that's more G1 hound then G1 Mirage, but idgaf)
To be fair, that was the intent for the character, his electro disruptor made his foes see him where he wasn't. It just was easier to make him turn invisible on the show while Hound's "can make holographic maps" gimmick got fluffed up to "hologram for any job".

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This looks like a complete return to Bay. But who knows. Maybe that will be fine after having a bit of a break from it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
But we ARE getting a Battletrap, I am almost willing to bet by the end of the flick we either get Rattrap, or a strong hint he is coming.
The only hint I want is of a big purple mecha-Tyrannosaurus.

A thought did occur to me: earlier leaks referenced the Maximals as having a "steam punk" look with rusted elements. The ONLY place I really see that is in the big battle sequence, so I'm left wondering...is that big battle at the end of the film...or is it a early film flashback?

Cybersnark

Citizen
Doing a "Days of Future Past" thing would help them distance themselves from the Bay movies while still justifying the aesthetic they got stuck with.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Three different factions and the return to Bayhem sounds like a giant mess, but I love that somehow Stratosphere is involved. Like, it was neat how Shatter and Dropkick were loosely inspired by Movieverse toyline characters, Strat carrying on that tradition is pretty fun.

Dessl0ck

Citizen
I guess if I had an actual "gripe" about it it would be the Maximals size. Right now I am head-canon-ing that this is post Beast Machines (for the Maxi's) to explain the more mechanical look and I can accept them returning to a larger scale, I mean, Thrustinator was tiny in the end.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The mention of Prime's past and future makes me hope for time travel.

I have weird wants for this thing.
I'm betting that the Maximals and Terrorcons are time travelers from the future, with Scourge having come back in time to try to change history by finding and awakening Megatron ahead of his proper awakening later in 2007. That would make Scourge the threat from the future, and Megatron the threat from the past.

Lobjob

Citizen
I mean, my dream would be having the time travelers come from after the last night and are either trying to preserve or alter that future, depending on their point of view. Basically terminator, or xmen, days of futures past, target:2006, pick your poison.

Bonus points if Scourge is just a future evil optimus, but I admit that's asking a lot.

I just love the build to these movies because you have no idea what new ideas and traditional ideas are getting thrown in a blender and what that will be.

MrBlud

Citizen
We aren’t getting another Unicron this close to the Haslab.

We will undoubtedly get another one but you’re talking *at least* a decade or more.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Let’s be honest, it’s all leading towards Unicron.

I expect if they are doing Unicron again, he'll be titan class and likely a scaled down verison of the Haslab verison

Just to be clear, I would assume Darth_Prime's comment refers to where the movies are going, not the toyline.

Last Knight already threw the 'earth-is-Unicron' card on the table, so I guess it remains to be seen if the writers remember that plot point and roll with it. But in general, yeah, Hasbro tends to lean into Unicron pretty heavily for endgame-type stories.

...one of these days they should change it up, and reveal that Cybertron's greatest threat is....Gobotron! (Shock! Horror! And make it a real threat, not some 4-panel, haha-kill-the-Gobots joke)

Back on topic, I am optimistic about Rise of the Beasts. What we've seen looks good, and the leaked toys that have turned up have me pretty excited. Definitely looking forward to seeing this!

allion

Citizen
Don't know if there are any other Beast wars fans here ( Beast wars made me end up watching and enjoy gen 1 transformers for context) but I'm really sad they didn't even contact Gary chalk, nothing against Ron but his voice isn't Optimus primal also where are rat trap and dinobot? I really hope they don't drop the ball with this movie

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Man those beasts are big. Practically baby kaiju.
CGI looks fairly unfinished. I would have polished things a bit more for the trailer, myself. Primal in that first shot looks rough as hell.

I'll take a Scourge and Terrorcons over yet another Megatron.
Overall though this feels like a Bay movie and I'm pretty over those. I don't know if I'll bother with this in theaters.

Top Bottom