Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I love the look of that toy. If that's the level of engineering we're gonna get out of Rise of the Beasts, then I'm very pleased and hopeful for Rhinox.

As far as the movie itself, as long as it's not as bad as the second or 4th or 5th, I think we'll be alright.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
An image cropped up of a mug supposedly featuring the Rise of the Beasts Maximal cast (Airrazor, Cheetor, Rhinos and Primal) in beast mode.

If accurate, I'm digging the season 1 crossed with Beast Machines vibe going on here.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Voyager Battletrap and Deluxe Airazor in-hand pics:

Both are Studio Series figures, meaning the other Airazor toy is actually part of the mainline ROTB toyline. This Airazor recycles the transformation engineering of Kingdom Airazor, but is actually a completely new mold with no shared parts.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Not my pics, and I got them from someone else (who stated they weren't their pics) from the ShowZ Discord.
Internet_20221123_103455_16.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_15.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_14.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_13.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_12.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_11.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_10.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_8.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_7.jpeg
Internet_20221123_103455_6.png
Internet_20221123_103455_5.jpeg
ZomboDroid 23112022102549.jpg
Internet_20221123_103455_9.jpeg

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
So I think I prefer the other Airrazor, becuase I don't really care much for Kingdom Airrazor's transformation or beast mode.

Battletrap looks like they looked at the Legacy JUnkion guy and went from there. Which I kinda like.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I like Battletrap. Just from the similarity of the wrecking ball accessory, I wonder how that color scheme would look on Legacy Bulkhead?
It seems odd to give that figure Bumblebee's colours, especially as the film bots' colours were quite strictly controlled for previous iterations.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Battletrap's lovely. Got that offscreen-toy vibe to him where the designer clearly went "movieverse is neat but holy shit we need to make something other than a silver showroom car." Truck mode looks kinda janky with those pegs sticking out the sides, though.

Airrazor... is Airrazor. Like I was kinda disappointed that the other Airrazor was recognizable instead of some zany ass reimagining, but this one's just a retool (or whatever the term is).
The fact that the two Movie Airrazors don't look the same's got me wondering if she won't actually transform in the film, that these toys are two independent attempts at making a hypothetical robot mode. Or maybe one's based on concept art and the other the finished model, I dunno.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
From everything reported over the past year…I feel it‘s quite probable the first one we saw (which now seems to be from the “core” line”) was probably developed based on preliminary work.

When Snake Eyes underwent its frequent delays, Hasbro basically didn’t do anything with the “Ninja Core” assortment. But the delay DID allow them to produce Classified Series figures that were more faithful to the film than what was originally planned. Hasbro basically came out and said that Rise of the Beasts wasn’t planned to have Studio Series support had the film come out last summer.

All that said…I think I also dig the “kid version” a little better. The Studio Series version suffers from the usual “overdesign” trend the movies suffer from, in general. And I think the more pronounced eyes make the character “more approachable” than the “final” design. If anything, the Kid entry looks like a legitimate “reinterpretation” than the Studio Series, which seemed to have started as something akin to the kid model, but then forced a bunch of details to make it MORE like the existing Airrazor design. It will be interesting to see how the other Maximals turn out.

Battletrap looks nifty. And I dig they are continuing to use more color than in prior films

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I prefer the previously shown Airrazor. Nothing at all wrong with Kingdom, but I already have 2 of those molds. I'll probably pick that one up as well, but nowhere near as quick as I'll grab the new, quite unique one.
Battletrap looks lovely. I may actually buy some movie toys again.

The Phazer

Citizen
Yeah, Battletrap looks great. He's got the vibe of the HFTD stuff which really fitted into a G1 collection just as well for the most part than a movie one, and he's a nice original design. I'd maybe replace the feet but those are only mushroom pegged on so there might well be a 3d printed replacement.

The other Airrazor was more interesting as a toy but I suppose this one is not terrible. Odd to use the engineering from the Kingdom toy but scaled up though, Hasbro's cost controls in some places but not others frequently baffle me.

The newer one reads a little more masc to me body wise, so I might give them both maces and have them be the equivalent of DC's Hawks...

Lobjob

Citizen
So far, all the toys we've seen from Rise of the Beasts look wonderful. I wish both Airraizors had more color on them just for the sake of popping off a shelf, but otherwise they are great and different enough to justify buying. I skipped kingdom Airrazor so this new one will do nicely.

Battletrap is fantastic and I hope the rest of the vehiclr bots follow his lead.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
A transforming.....mask?

Yep, first seen back in June:

Leader class Optimus Primal that transforms into a wearable face mask:

Top Bottom