Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
FWIW, just a few minutes ago on Entertainment Tonight, their Summer Movie Preview just referred to Rise of the Beasts as both a sequel to Bumblebee and a prequel to "the original film".

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
FWIW, just a few minutes ago on Entertainment Tonight, their Summer Movie Preview just referred to Rise of the Beasts as both a sequel to Bumblebee and a prequel to "the original film".

That makes no real sense, I wish they would be cut and dry and just say that Bumblebee is a full on reboot and Rise of the Beasts is a sequel to that, instead of beating around the bush to try and please a few people, Transformers fans are use to reboots as every couple of years the TV shows reboot and that has been going on since the days of Beast Wars as at first it was a reboot and then became loosely connected to G1

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am looking forward to the day someone comes up with a crazy timeline that makes it all work.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If they really refuse to give up on the Bayverse, they really ought to release the test screen cut of Bumblebee.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The dedicated thread wasn’t bumped, but Paramount moved Transformers One from its prior July 19 date to September 13, 2024. In so far as to how this effects RotB?

The biggest change is a (slightly) extended “back end” to the product line. Not a lot, mind you, but maybe enough for a quick repaint wave to hold the line into the spring. With the prior date, Transformers One toys would have likely hit in May or April. Now? They can hit in August with the broader market “reset”, which gives RotB a couple extra months of life to cycle through inventory.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Has Hasbro even acknowledged this Primal yet?
1685440420050.jpeg

...eh, that's about the best you're getting while I'm on my phone, take it or don't.

Glitch

Citizen
That ringed planet Unicron's approaching looks a lot like Nebulos from Marvel comics.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Wait..what?

So…there’s a bit to unpack there.
For one, it’s extremely cheap for a Masterpiece offering, coming just above the Leader price point. Next, it’s a blind drop for a premium offering, so I guess someone dun goofed in failing to reveal something or EE put out a listing early. Speaking of Leader, a Leader class Optimus Primal has long been rumored, so what’s the deal with THIS at nearly the same price point?

My off the wall theory? Leader Optimus Primal is actually a large and/or complex Voyager-sized figure with extra accessories (Transwarp keys or something? Something like Studio Series Hot Rod), while THIS listing is simply for an “out of scale, but really nice” version of Primal. I recall there were rumors of a second “premium” large size Optimus Primal (beyond the animatronic).
Perhaps something akin to the Supreme Beast Machines Optimus Primal and Cheetor- Not even close to “scale accurate”, but really accurate and large sized.

Of course, this would mean Hasbro is, again, re-appropriating an old name for a different kind of product.

Edit: BBTS also has the listing up, gives some new details on the toy (Cyclops is the Codename for Optimus Primal toys). Sounds like what I talked about above with a dash of the old Prime Weaponizers thrown in

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Images of that new...Ultimate Optimus Primal?

Shows how nice the Core Voyager would have been with his primary color being a darker black instead of grey. Nice sized, probably close to the original BW Ultra figure given the size of the ports.
I dig it. Looks like some fun features without compromising the overall look and function of a representation of the character. I also REALLY like the throwbacks to the original Optimus Primal toy with the shoulder and arm cannons.

'Bout damned time to get an Optimus Primal that we can actually use Fossilizers with that isn't 5" and/or completely lacking in articulation, too!

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
So why can't we get a REGULAR Voyager Primal on Pulse?
giphy.gif

I’m still operating on the idea that the Core assortments will get full distribution this summer for the fall product sets for the holidays, maybe waiting for a “proper reveal” this summer during one of the myriad of presentations. Maybe something to keep momentum going after the film’s release?
Again, I think it’s possible Walmart got some sort of timed exclusivity with the Voyagers like they did with most of the Avengers Mechasarus line.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Those red weapons on Primal are the biggest splash of color any of these beasts have.
That’s how you KNOW it’s not for REAL collectors, what with that neon red they put on it :p

I’m still holding, likely fruitless, hope that we might still see some redecos this fall or winter on the Core class figures to add some color to them, especially Primal. I could EASILY see some sort of retailer exclusive set with the Core Maximals in “1996 inspired deco”.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't care what deco they pick. I'd like to see these toys with a deco. Any deco.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There are no mainline ROTB figures on Pulse UK either. Onky the Studio Series figures. Even though the mainline is out over here, if a little sporadically.

The mainline Primals deco (or lack of) is kinda what put my off buying him. This new Takara Primal? It seems to have everything (weapons, articulation) and an awesome deco. I am very tempted.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
There are no mainline ROTB figures on Pulse UK either. Onky the Studio Series figures. Even though the mainline is out over here, if a little sporadically.

The mainline Primals deco (or lack of) is kinda what put my off buying him. This new Takara Primal? It seems to have everything (weapons, articulation) and an awesome deco. I am very tempted.

Mainline Deluxes are on Hasbro Pulse UK website, along with Studio series, for UK fans, Smyths toys has mainline Optimus prime & Primal, they are exclusives to their store currently

Top Bottom