Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So, you wondering what Rhinox’s final (or near final) look in the film will be?

Turns out, he’s not THAT far removed from his other merch in looks. I dig the battle hammer, and it ties into the Maximal cast being more “melee focused” than the Autobots. Seems to share the same general palette as the Core Voyager, but gets some detail work that helps it pop. The only issue that I’m seeing is if it ends up being “complicated for the sake of it” like a lot of collector stuff tends to be.
I still like what the Core Voyager does, especially with the chain guns.

Guess I’ll wait and see how Studio Series compares in hand against the Core series, and if the movie ends up being good enough to drive me to get the cast to begin with.
With Age of Extinction, I abandoned the product line after seeing how terrible the film was, not even getting all the Dinobots. We’ll see if Rise of the Beasts repeats that.

Dake

Citizen
That's incredible!

Though I also don't really understand how that's even possible.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm getting the mainline and studio Rhinox figures. Getting mainline Airrazor and got Primal, but that's it for movie toys for me. I'm just not that interested.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Aside from Freezer, I think I'm just getting the Battle Masters and Weaponizers. And I'm okay with that.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Wait.. are Wheeljack's "glasses" literally glasses? Like they get knocked askew at one point and he had to readjust them. I thought they were going to be a part of his head, but apparently they're a separate piece?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Wait.. are Wheeljack's "glasses" literally glasses? Like they get knocked askew at one point and he had to readjust them. I thought they were going to be a part of his head, but apparently they're a separate piece?
We've had Transformers wearing glasses before.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Aside from Freezer, I think I'm just getting the Battle Masters and Weaponizers. And I'm okay with that.
I've only bothered with the weaponisers too. I can't stand Freezer, but as he's technically a weapon, it's understandable why you would include him with the others.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
If the past movies are anything to go by, that’s gotta be about half of Mirage’s total dialog in the Movie…
I'm just waiting for a Bayformers where:

- I can understand what they say (instead of the unintelligible mumbling most of the robots say).

- they say things relevant to whatever remnants of plot that's still present.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mirage going ‘stranger danger’ when Cheetor turns up is not as funny as they think it is.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Very true. I mean, onky Prime and Primal sound like characters and not cliches.

I mean:
Mirage is the funny/cool one.
Arcee is the sassy one
not-Wheeljack is the Nerd! And if his glasses really are glasses he has to put on. Then he REALLY is the Nerd.

But yeah, bayformers have generally been ott character types.

Honestly though, i would to to hope this film is going to be good. Like, Bumblebee movie good, not bayformer good.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Mirage going ‘stranger danger’ when Cheetor turns up is not as funny as they think it is.
This franchise has done worse
Honestly though, i would to to hope this film is going to be good. Like, Bumblebee movie good, not bayformer good.
I don't expect Bumblebee movie good, but I think 2007 is a good baseline for a decent measure of quality.

Dake

Citizen
Very true. I mean, onky Prime and Primal sound like characters and not cliches.

not-Wheeljack is the Nerd! And if his glasses really are glasses he has to put on. Then he REALLY is the Nerd.

I assume there will be a whole bit about Wheeljack's glasses falling off and he'll bumble around looking for them.

Top Bottom