Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Glitch

Citizen
Just occured to me this is a reverse RiD01 with Autobots aligned with Maximals against vehicular Decepticons.

I got ROTB mainline Optimus Primal, Cheetor and Airazor and feel the latter two serve as upgrades to the Kingdoms figures so will replace them whilst the former reminds me of BM Blast Punch Optimus Primal.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Battlemaster Optimus Primal
Battlemaster Optimus Primal.jpg

Flex Changers Cheetor
Flex Changers Cheetor.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Sometimes, I want to go to Japan just to remind myself what a properly stocked toy store REALLY looks like.
Be prepared for disappointment then. Most toy shops or toy departments in Japan do NOT sell Transformers. There might be a slight increase of them for the films, but any shops that might do so will probably stock the first wave or so and call it a day. Then, the few that warm the shelves will stay full price until they go on "sale" for a very slightly reduced price many months, if not a year or so later.

That's why I buy all my Japanese TFs from Amazon or TT Mall and probably one of the reasons why this campaign is in effect.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Be prepared for disappointment then. Most toy shops or toy departments in Japan do NOT sell Transformers. There might be a slight increase of them for the films, but any shops that might do so will probably stock the first wave or so and call it a day. Then, the few that warm the shelves will stay full price until they go on "sale" for a very slightly reduced price many months, if not a year or so later.

That's why I buy all my Japanese TFs from Amazon or TT Mall and probably one of the reasons why this campaign is in effect.
So…you’re saying it’s just like the US retail? :p

I wasn’t even explicitly referring to Transformers. Just to see a damn toy store with stuff on shelves would be an amazing thing relative to where toy retail has devolved in my little corner of the United States. At best, my local Walmart is maybe half full compared to the amount of space they have allotted for action figure type products. And it is like that for 3/4s of the year.
Aside from lack of deco and him being a bit undersized…he really IS a pretty dang good Optimus Prime. Though I’m not sure if I would be willing to pay full Generations Voyager price for him again (I had store credit, btw). I’d say if he sticks around for holiday markdowns, it’s a FANTASTIC purchase at $30 and under.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
So…you’re saying it’s just like the US retail? :p

I wasn’t even explicitly referring to Transformers. Just to see a damn toy store with stuff on shelves would be an amazing thing relative to where toy retail has devolved in my little corner of the United States. At best, my local Walmart is maybe half full compared to the amount of space they have allotted for action figure type products. And it is like that for 3/4s of the year.

Aside from lack of deco and him being a bit undersized…he really IS a pretty dang good Optimus Prime. Though I’m not sure if I would be willing to pay full Generations Voyager price for him again (I had store credit, btw). I’d say if he sticks around for holiday markdowns, it’s a FANTASTIC purchase at $30 and under.

In the average department stores and electrical shop toy departments I sometimes visit in Japan, the selection/range of toys seems rather limited compared to US toy shops and stock isn't always on the shelves. The stock might be "faced" (brought forward on the shelves to look "full") but they were not chocablock when I last visited. If I remember, I'll take some pics in the near future.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, waiting a few days worked for me. I went to Wal-Mart, and found everything I was wanting for the first wave.

Now here's hoping I have no trouble finding what I want for the future waves.

Top Bottom