Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That Optimus with a lion head (matrix?) bursting out is certainly... something.
Lio Convoy Maths.png

Echowarrior

Citizen
Silly question, but wasn't yesterday supposed to be the street date for the RotB toys? I ask because I visited a couple stores yesterday, and they had nothing related to the new film.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Silly question, but wasn't yesterday supposed to be the street date for the RotB toys? I ask because I visited a couple stores yesterday, and they had nothing related to the new film.

In the UK they have appeared on toy store websites, so if they haven't appeared in stores yet, its likely a bit delayed due to Easter Weekend and some stores have to wait a few days for their delivery of stock

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
New toys coming out.

View attachment 13240View attachment 13239
View attachment 13245
View attachment 13246
View attachment 13247
View attachment 13248

Meanwhile, in Japan, the Japanese entertainment site, Cinema Today, has publised news of the "Transformers: Beast Awakening" (Aka: - "Rise Of The Beasts") film exclusive.

Customers who pre-order tickets for Beast Awakening on the 19th of May, will receive an limited edition bonus 'transforming' (possibly lenticular) acrylic stand featuring Optimus Primal.

View attachment 13241
View attachment 13242
(Original story here: - https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0136131 )
It was all a dream.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
As part of Japan's Rise of the Beasts promotion, Takara has been promoting the original Beast Wars. It seems that there might be a (re?) release of a BW (board?) game in Japan:

Screenshot_20230412-063713.jpg

Original video source:

-

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
TECHNICALLY...but that is always dependent on retailers giving a flip. Just like how some have been putting stuff out for the past week, some will probably take a week to get all the stuff out. This week is also supposed to see the rollout for Indiana Jones, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Flash, so some stores might be "holding back" until they do the full reset with all the new lines.

My experience today was that my store put stuff out...in the near empty Pokemon section. Seemed like they hadn't actually started a new modular, but still shoved stuff out to get it out of the back. No sign of the display trains, and there wasn't enough stuff there to be a broken down display. Given how my store has functioned in the past...I think what I saw was the extent of what I'll be seeing until at least the fall. I saw:
The Transforming Masks, Titan Changers, Core Voyager, Beast Changers and Smash Changer Optimus Primal. A nice "spread", but several key items were missing. We'll see if they crop up later.

Optimus Primal's colors just befuddle me. I really like the design and everything I've seen of the engineering...but I just can't get past that gunmetal grey and silver that just looks like a grey blob. Seeing it in person did NOTHING to make him more desirable. I'm still holding hope on a running change or a retailer repaint to make it more interesting. But I did get Prime, so...

Also, I've noticed EVERYONE seems to have the stuff 10-20% higher than Hasbro's SRP. I'm inclined to think it's a ploy to maintain margins when the sales start. So $9.99 looks attractive after retailing for 11.99. Walmart has Voyager Prime at $33.97. A buck less than Studio Series/Generations, and it's pretty clear that there is a LOT more than a $1 difference when you compare Core Voyagers to Generations.

Echowarrior

Citizen
TECHNICALLY...but that is always dependent on retailers giving a flip. Just like how some have been putting stuff out for the past week, some will probably take a week to get all the stuff out. This week is also supposed to see the rollout for Indiana Jones, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Flash, so some stores might be "holding back" until they do the full reset with all the new lines.

My experience today was that my store put stuff out...in the near empty Pokemon section. Seemed like they hadn't actually started a new modular, but still shoved stuff out to get it out of the back. No sign of the display trains, and there wasn't enough stuff there to be a broken down display. Given how my store has functioned in the past...I think what I saw was the extent of what I'll be seeing until at least the fall. I saw:
The Transforming Masks, Titan Changers, Core Voyager, Beast Changers and Smash Changer Optimus Primal. A nice "spread", but several key items were missing. We'll see if they crop up later.

Optimus Primal's colors just befuddle me. I really like the design and everything I've seen of the engineering...but I just can't get past that gunmetal grey and silver that just looks like a grey blob. Seeing it in person did NOTHING to make him more desirable. I'm still holding hope on a running change or a retailer repaint to make it more interesting. But I did get Prime, so...

Also, I've noticed EVERYONE seems to have the stuff 10-20% higher than Hasbro's SRP. I'm inclined to think it's a ploy to maintain margins when the sales start. So $9.99 looks attractive after retailing for 11.99. Walmart has Voyager Prime at $33.97. A buck less than Studio Series/Generations, and it's pretty clear that there is a LOT more than a $1 difference when you compare Core Voyagers to Generations.

I guess I need to be patient then. Hopefully, I'll have better luck later this week.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
More leaks/unofficial official shots are out there!
The Autobots Unite Collection. Likely a retailer exclusive, this entire sub line is composed of repaints/rereleases from the Bumblebee movie line.

From international retailers, we've got an in package appearance of Weaponizer Arcee with Cheetor. And Battle Master Optimus Primal. Cheetor is pretty similar to the single pack, short some deco. Arcee looks like the best toy she's got lined up, barring a really good Core Deluxe later on.
The TFW thread with images of her in package, on page 3, there is an image of her in robot mode.

The post from another thread with stock photo of Primal in package and beast mode. Blaster mode looks nice, and nice that he isn't some form of butt-blaster.
<a href="https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thre...inline-revealed.1243166/page-60#post-21219338">Rise of the Beasts Mainline revealed</a>

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
More leaks/unofficial official shots are out there!
The Autobots Unite Collection. Likely a retailer exclusive, this entire sub line is composed of repaints/rereleases from the Bumblebee movie line.

From international retailers, we've got an in package appearance of Weaponizer Arcee with Cheetor. And Battle Master Optimus Primal. Cheetor is pretty similar to the single pack, short some deco. Arcee looks like the best toy she's got lined up, barring a really good Core Deluxe later on.
The TFW thread with images of her in package, on page 3, there is an image of her in robot mode.

The post from another thread with stock photo of Primal in package and beast mode. Blaster mode looks nice, and nice that he isn't some form of butt-blaster.
<a href="https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thre...inline-revealed.1243166/page-60#post-21219338">Rise of the Beasts Mainline revealed</a>

I continue to love the little Battlemaster beasts. I will buy a bunch of these. I'm glad that it seems like all of them are being released in single packs and not exclusively in the packs with the larger figures.

RichardT519

Citizen
Two of my local Walmarts put up RotB endcap displays this week (with toys); the rest don't have the kind of endcap necessary for the display in their toy departments.

Meanwhile, my local Target got Beast Battle Masters and Beast Combiners last week, and today the remaining items have clearance tags on them.

Top Bottom